66 Cuda - Gen III Hemi Install

-

roadglide

Reaction score
Starting my project and am looking for information. Has anyone installed a Gen III in an early A Body? If so, what are the challenges? I understand the block length (including timing covers is almost identcle to an LA Small Block at 24", but what about the width at the valve covers. I'm planning on installing a Whipple Supercharger which will most likely require a modified cowl because I want a custom rear entry Throttle Body. This is going to be a Pro-Street car, no wipers. Very possible the firewall will have to be moved back 3-4" too. Working on the tube chassis now and a modified tunnel because it's going to have an 8" rear ride height with 31" rear tires. Any help/information with your experience would be appreciated.

Starting my project and am looking for information. Has anyone installed a Gen III in an early A Body? If so, what are the challenges? I understand the block length (including timing covers is almost identcle to an LA Small Block at 24", but what about the width at the valve covers. I'm planning on installing a Whipple Supercharger which will most likely require a modified cowl because I want a custom rear entry Throttle Body. This is going to be a Pro-Street car, no wipers. Very possible the firewall will have to be moved back 3-4" too. Working on the tube chassis now and a modified tunnel because it's going to have an 8" rear ride height with 31" rear tires. Any help/information with your experience would be appreciated.

PM or email me and I'll send you a ton of info... 6.4L, Magnuson SC, Dominator ECU, TTI 2" Headers, 3" exhaust. Motro from Arrinton (shophemi.com) dyno'd at 785 HP 791 TQ

BTW, how "early"?

-Jim

Dart Engine #2 Project (84).JPG

Here is a pic of mine, a 64 Valiant. I am going all stock front end, made my own engine mounts, and last pick is beginning of headers me and a buddy are making. It is very tight and Tincup did a great job on his. It can be done for sure.

IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_3397.JPG

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Milodon pan and I'll take some more pics later in the week. Here are a few of the finished headers.

Looks like some looooong primary tubes.....partial fenderwell? If this is going to be a street ride, you might want to rethink the slip connector, through mufflers, they will likely leak like a siv.

I admire your gumption, IMO, this install has a degree a difficulty of 15 on a scale of 10

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Yupp, they are long, lol! Two tubes each side goes through fenderwells. Unfortunately I have to put the top half of the headers on each head and then install the head.....but I am going to seal the crap out of them. Nothing ideal but I like my odds of 15 difficulty on 10 scale, haha! I do have on other idea however if this does leak a lot. Thanks Chuck

-
Back