66 CUDA oil and temp gauge

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Neither my oil gauge or my temp gauge works, also the last IP light is out on the far drivers side, replaced the bulb but still don't work. Replaced the bell for the oil and the sending unit for the temp but still neither works. Checked for power from the units and I have power all the way up to the cluster. Kinda leanin on the gauges are bad but was wondering if any of you guys have gone through this before I take the cluster out. Also is there a way to check those gauges to see if they are bad.
Thanks
Bob

There are two circuit boards on the back, either of which could have a bad pin or a break. The oil and temp guages are on opposite sides of the dash so there isn't a likely common source that would cause both to not work. The cluster is not all that hard to pull. Once it's out, you can test everything and repair as necessary. I have a test bench setup for mine but you can use an ohmmeter to test the gauges and circuit board(s). Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you start.

Thanks Mark, i have the whole Michigan winter to get this taken care of so I will give it a try. I had the cluster out to paint everything so I have that down pat, was just hoping for something easy to check while lying under the dash.
Bob

Attachments

• dash 2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 127
  • dash 3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 127
Had time to play with the gauges today. Pulled out the cluster and changed the circuit boards both sides, put it back together and everything works just fine now. Thanks cudamark for the info.
Bob

Hi, love your dash. Does the windshield need to be out to remove the whole dash assembly?

Having the windshield out does make life easier when pulling out the whole dash. My windshield was out when I put my dash back in.
Bob

-
Back