Status
Not open for further replies.

r66cuda

Baby-boomer member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well, I thought I had this fitting found 2 weeks ago, but I bought the wrong one from a nice FABO member, cuz I wasn't specific enuff, but this time I will be. My /6, 225 nipple is part #2267560, and is cast on the side of the fitting nipple. I have the 2 new flat o-rings from the new gearbox I bought. The nipple I got from another FABO guy is 5/16" diameter, and mine is 5/8", exactly twice the diameter.
There's a pin thru the top of the 5/8" nipple holding about a 7/16" spring inside. Don't know if that matters. I don't mind buying more than one, don't wanna go thru this again. Brand new suspension, and this part leaking P/S fluid prevents me from driving the car. Sux. I think my mechanic buddy may have overtightened the aluminum nipple, cuz it's cracked. We even tried JB weld on the outside of the nipple, covering the crack, still leaks. :wack:
Hoping for good news. See attached pics. PM me, please.
Thanx,
Rich

Attachments

• My 225-6 PS box nipple.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 108
  • My 225-6 PS box nipple #2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 104
  • My PS box nipple #5.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 101
Send that fitting back to me!!! No reason for you to have to eat the wrong part. I'll be more than happy to refund you on that.
Ok, Tony, will do. I was just going to hang on & see if it fit any others, since I have 4 1966 Barracudas, but dang it, they're all standard steering. I'll send it back next couple of days.
Thanx,
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back