'66 Cuda Seats

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
These are pics of my seats. They are not original. The fender code calls for Black Vinyl as the original trim. Probably were kinda cool when they were fresh, but now are pretty tatty. I'd like to recover but it looks like the foam was shaped to a point at the tops of the seats. Anyone done a full seat with foam? Pointers?

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1329.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 91
Hi, if you go to my thread "bringing the 66 back to life" and go to page five I have some pictures of when Paul and I recovered my seats. You can see how he cut the foam to fit the contours. Hope this helps you out.
Bob

Thanks Clifftt, PO put that on. Not sure what brand, it's a little small for my taste but it looks good. I'm from the East Bay originally as well. Used to live across the street from De La Salle HS.

Thanks Bob, nice work. Did you just custom cut the foam based on what you thought should go underneath?

No Paul knew where to cut the foam at, my seats were not the first set of 66 seats he had done. I bought new foam for them and when he started cutting it, I about passed out. He just laughed at me and said he knew that I would think he was crazy, but that's how you get the raised contour of the seat covers.

-
Back