Status
Not open for further replies.

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for the 2 pieces that go under the trim in the sides of the 66 dodge dart convertible, 65 might be the same and I know valiants won't work
(I have a beat up back piece already but would like a straight piece if possible)
here's a pic of the one side for reference.
I DON'T need the chrome trim shown in the first picture but just showed it for reference to what/where it goes.
(thanks Willy for letting me take your project car apart for pic's of what I need) I really only need the side pieces but would like to get all 3 if possible

thanks

Attachments

• tackstrip small1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 209
  • tackstrip small with want.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 306
Let me check my garage tomorrow and get back to you. I might have what you are looking for.
Thanks, I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I can get this car together (sooner rather than later. I hope I can take it up to Michigan for next years dream cruise) Since I just finished up the trunk pan and now working on the trunk extensions/lower patch panel, I'm almost ready to rhino-line that and flip her back over to work some more on the top side.

I am looking for the 2 pieces that go under the trim in the sides of the 66 dodge dart convertible, 65 might be the same and I know valiants won't work
(I have a beat up back piece already but would like a straight piece if possible)
here's a pic of the one side for reference.
I DON'T need the chrome trim shown in the first picture but just showed it for reference to what/where it goes.
(thanks Willy for letting me take your project car apart for pic's of what I need) I really only need the side pieces but would like to get all 3 if possible

thanks

http://topsdown.com/home.php?cat=36 Go to this site they have just about all you need and they are in Bushnell, not far from you.

http://topsdown.com/home.php?cat=36 Go to this site they have just about all you need and they are in Bushnell, not far from you.

thanks, I did call and explore the possibility of them getting /making the hold down strips (that's all they really are) but they needed some good prototypes to get sent to them since they do not make them for the 66 dart.
heck for 150 bucks :wack:I'd hand craft them myself. I found some square tubing that fit's just inside my trim and am thinking of just heating it and bending and drilling it to shape then splitting it in the middle so I have a left and a right side.
BUT!
With that being said I'm sorta lazy(or cheap) and have a little time before I get to the top I would like to get some used ones if I can.

just checkin in to see if anyone has those part around for the convertible
thanks

Here is a general inventory photo I have of my spares. note other side of hold down is in middle of outer trim bundle. header top pieces are dented.

Attachments

• A convert box (6).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 164
Here is a general inventory photo I have of my spares. note other side of hold down is in middle of outer trim bundle. header top pieces are dented.
yep looks like the part, what do you want for it? shipped to 33597
thanks
Kurt

Oh well I thought I had some coming but I guess I'm wrong , that means I'm still looking for those strips that go under the chrome trim on the sides of the convertible
anybody got some so I can get a little bit further on the 66 dart?

I'm still looking for the tack strips(both sides or all three pieces) that are shown in the first post (i thought a user here was supposed to send me a proce and shipping qoute) buuttt it looks like it isn't going to happen. I'm putting the trim on the body now to check for tweaks and I'd like to get them.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back