66 Dart Convertible

-

Jay Rosen

Reaction score
I thought I would update this.
I m working on this car and I had it painted,added the rear valance and a rear 1963 bumper.
I also found a nice pair of front seats on this forum.

The car has a strong v 8. It is a good driver but only getting about 10 mpg so maybe something can be done about that.

I will be posting some pictures of this as it looks at the moment.
I m still looking for a set of sun visors(I have the hardware) and some front arm rests.

This is a great forum these cars are great.

I like pictures... :)

Welcome to the board.....great price on your new scoot !

I can't wait to see the pics, especially the rear valance and bumper change. I was thinking of doing that to my 66 Dart using the 1965 rear valance and bumper. The rear quarters were designed for the earlier style bumper and it just seems as though it would look better than the big heavy bumper that the cars came with in 1966.

The rear bumper switch was a good choice for me and pretty doable. I am posting a few pictures today and will post more of that part of the car. It still might need a little more overall adjustment but still looks good to me. Good luck with your '65 sounds like a neat car.

PB180104_zps295fad47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cool car but a mix/match of parts. The front fenders/grill/hood are 63. The dash is 66 as well as the tail lights and the rear bumper is 63-65 with the valance. I like the combination. What's the first 5 digits of the VIN? tI have thought about changing to a earlier bumper/valance too except I don't want to loose my back up lights. tmm

Hi Jay, That's a very nice looking Dart you have. I like the mix of the old and new for that Dart body style. The smaller rear bumper really does make that car look as it should. What did you do for reverse lights?
Toolmanmike, I was thinking that it might be possible to take the reverse lights out of the 66 bumper and then install them in the earlier style rear valance on each side of the license plate, which is about the same location as the 66. If turned horizontally, I would think the lights would fit.
Paul

-
Back