66 dart gt dash

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
Does anyone have an exploded view of the dash assembly on a 66 dart gt convertible? I have the service manual and it doesnt seem to be in there.
Thanks.

Does anyone have an exploded view of the dash assembly on a 66 dart gt convertible? I have the service manual and it doesnt seem to be in there.
Thanks.
what parts do you need exploded?
you have the speedo /bezel the heater/radio/lighter bezel the glove box bezel and the end piece. for a convertible (maybe wagon) you have a piece that fits in the radio bezel to hid the square hole for the top(or tailgate) switch I haven't seen a 66 wagon to verify but I doubt if ma mopar would have made a different one if they could use the convertible one and it's work,here's a pic of my dash on progress ther are a couple of dash types too! GT, 270 or base trim. with heat only, with A/C .. I found the 370 trim somehow stops at the radio bezel by using an end on it that's like the speedo bezel.
GT dash left side note the radio bezel does not have the hole cut out for the top switch
View attachment DSCF2968.jpg

right side end panel.

View attachment DSCF2967.jpg

ahh the convertible bezel with heat only. hard to find but you can use a GT bezel and gently cut a hole in it to convert it to a convertible unit . don't forget the 2 side holes also. See that on the right end there is no edge like on the 270 unit that I have. that pic;s below here.
View attachment DSCF3771.jpg

close up view of square hole and the 2 locating holes
View attachment DSCF3776.jpg
the eliusive piece that everyone want's 50.00 for.
View attachment DSCF3780.jpg

backside view (one pin's broken and I'll fix it after I strip in and sand it smooth)
View attachment DSCF3781.jpg

together again. hey ain't that a song?
View attachment DSCF3783.jpg

and the bazel. the only reason I can figure out that it's metal is that if you did use the lighter and didn't hit the hole (not that one!) the lighter hole it'd melt the plastic. mine sucks that it's pitted so bad. I'll be looking for a good one when I get closer to finishing up the dash.
View attachment DSCF3784.jpg

here's the 270 one that I got because it a radio delete and I thought it'd work for my application. didn't but I can use it to get the next pic altered to an A/C radio delete note the edge on the bezel that stops it before the glove box.. I really have to take a look at a 270 Vs GT setup and see where it's different.
View attachment DSCF3767.jpg

this is the one I'm putting in the dart since I modified the car to have factory air and want the controls also. I'd like it to be radio delete (hidden radio) but for now it's good enough. I'll probably fill in the radio section but leave the knob holes in there for USB and power Accessories.
View attachment DSCF3766.jpg

if it's inside stuff I can see if I have pictures (haven't taken apart the other dash as of yet so it's all sortof original with 40+ years of other people hacking it up.)

-
Back