66 Dart--Torsion Bar re-install

-

reknapp52

Reaction score
I tore this car down about 20 years ago, now starting to get it back together. I began installing the torsion bars, and looked online to get some info on clocking them. Now it sounds like there is a left and a right bar, and the markings on the ends are supposed to give clues on where/how they go in. Can anyone make sense of these markings? Kinda hard to see, and it makes no sense to me. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5107.JPG
Also, sorry about the pics, when I uploaded them they popped up everywhere

IMG_5104.JPG

I tore this car down about 20 years ago, now starting to get it back together. I began installing the torsion bars, and looked online to get some info on clocking them. Now it sounds like there is a left and a right bar, and the markings on the ends are supposed to give clues on where/how they go in. Can anyone make sense of these markings? Kinda hard to see, and it makes no sense to me. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

View attachment 1716147843

View attachment 1716147844

View attachment 1716147845Also, sorry about the pics, when I uploaded them they popped up everywhere

View attachment 1716147842
Left pointing 45° up right and right pointing 45° up left.

So after getting more paint off the ends, one is marked L and one is marked R. I installed them with the markings toward the rear. All is good now.

-
Back