-
Status
Not open for further replies.

hosehead

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
I need a trunk lock for my dart and it MUST use the same key as the one on the left. Don’t care if it’s worn looking. Just need it to work. Also need the cylinder that threads onto the cigarette lighter, fastening it to the dash.
Thanks FABO!

2F6D3C93-38FF-4FDB-A865-1D59B97418E0.jpeg

I need a trunk lock for my dart and it MUST use the same key as the one on the left. Don’t care if it’s worn looking. Just need it to work. Also need the cylinder that threads onto the cigarette lighter, fastening it to the dash.
Thanks FABO!

View attachment 1716059124
The key blank on the left is not correct for a '66 model trunk lock. It's one for the '65 and earlier. a '66 has a narrow groove on that side.

I’ve had 66’s with that key but either way, I appreciate the info.
Just need a trunk kick with that key.

I have one of the earliest '66's known (Aug 17, 1965 build date), and it has it's original lock with the slotted key. The trunk locks look a bit different between the '66 and the '66 and older ones too. The '66 and up locks can be repinned easily, but, the '65 and older need the bezel removed (destroyed) and replaced to repin the earlier locks. I don't know of any supplier that carries that bezel anymore let alone the proper tool to reswedge that bezel back onto the lock housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back