-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastfury

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1966 Dodge Dart GT Convertible project car for sale. All sheet metal restoration has been completed and the car is in Dupont Polyurethane Primer Sealer. The engine is installed and is a 318 that has been completely overhauled - 30 over w/TRW forged pistons/edelbrock cam/edelbrock aluminum intake/rebuilt AVS carb, but not started yet. The trans is a good 904 and the rearend is an 8-3/4 with a 3.23 posi unit and moser 35 spline axles. I have installed a brand new Stainless Steel Brake Corporation disk brake conversion kit on the front and 10" x 2.5" drums on the rear with a dual master cylinder and a brake proportioning valve. A new windsheild was installed and a new anti roll bar has been installed on the front. The tires on the car are rollers, four new American Racing 5 spoke wheels with new tires come with the car.

The car will come with but not yet installed: All remaining stock parts including all of the trim, brand new front bucket and rear bench seat upholstery from legendary auto interiors (original 66 dart pattern), new front bucket seat foam - also from legendary, complete single exhaust system that was designed to replicate the original, new carpet, new convertible top, front and rear rechromed bumpers and restored tailights.

This car needs to be finished painted and assembled. The only thing that may be missing are some original fasteners. I have invested a lot of money and time in this restoration but due to personal issues I am unable to complete the job. I am willing to sell everything for $5000. the car is located in Houghton Lake, MI.

Attachments

• Ready for transport to MI 5-27-2011.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 750
  • 4-24-2011 Disk Brake Installation.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 708
  • DSC00420.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 787
  • 100_0959.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 720
  • 4-25-2011 Completed brake, shock & anti roll bar - right.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 727
  • Tire & Wheel.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 613
To 69dartrag: I received your message and hit the wrong button and seemed to have deleted it unintentionally. In response to your question: The only rust on the car was at the rear and some on the floorboard. The bottom of both quarter panels, rear wheel tubs, trunk extender on the passenger side and small sections of floorboard was rusted. All of which has been patched/replaced and made solid. The rest of the car was very good and I have welded in Frame Ties to strengthen the chassis.

I have owned the car since 1981 and I purchased it in New Jersey. It has not seen very much road time since it was purchased. I do not know the history prior to 1981 other than I purchased it from a policeman.

The engine was taken to a machine shop for the following: Boil and clean the block, Magnflux the block, Bore the cylinders .030 over, Install new Cam Bearings, Mount the new TRW Forged Pistons on the rods, size the rods, and perform a valve grind with new guides and seals. At that point I assembled the engine with new main berings, new rod berings and new rings, degreed in the cam, and installed new freeze plugs.

The new tires are BF Goodrich G Force Sport 225/50 R 15. I have added some pictures. The wheels and tires are brand new, 0 miles, and cost me $1200. I am unwilling to negotiate price. The $5000 I am asking is about half of what I have spent and does not include the many hours of labor I have put into this restoration.

Attachments

• Tire Tread.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 572
  • Tire & Wheel.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 597
Wow, that's beautiful. Definitely should sell pretty quick.

A lot of people have asked for additional pictures. As all of the trim is wrapped in bubble wrap I decided to unwrap the grill and provide a picture. Also I have uncovered the hood so you can see the cowl induction scoop I added. I have not yet cut a hole in the hood and the scoop could be removed.

Attachments

• Grill.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 505
  • Hood and scoop.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 482
This is a great deal IMHO. Would take serious bucks to replicate work already done & new owner can get pleasure of finishing him/her self. Thanks for posting and good luck with sale.

Oldschoolcuda

I was asked if there was any clearance problems with the new tires and wheels. So I installed the right front to demonstrate that the wheel and tire will clear the disc brake system and the fender with no problem. The rear is not a problem at all.

Attachments

• tire on car.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 441
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back