66 plymouth gas cap

-

ndeconte

Reaction score
Does anyone make replacement sels for the gas caps?

If not, will the 67-69 dodge/plymouth caps fit a 66?

Thanks in advance!

Neal

Does anyone make replacement sels for the gas caps?

If not, will the 67-69 dodge/plymouth caps fit a 66?

Thanks in advance!

Neal

No replacement seals that I'm aware of and 67-up won't fit. However, 2 members offer replacement gas caps. Slantsixdan has exact fit reproduction caps available and another member (can't remember who though) offers a nee stainless steel cap with an o ring seal (I've got one from a car I bought then parted out). Very nice cap

sent from my iPhone

Brand new reproductions of the factory original caps are in stock and available.....

RD-606AF, 1960-1966 A-body fuel cap, gray primer, straight bar handle, $59.00

RD-606AFC, 1960-1966 A-body fuel cap, fully chromed, straight bar handle, $79.00

IIRC, the 67 cap will fit if you grind the lock tabs down a few thou. check though. Or else Laysons for a $$ restoration, slant 6 Dan for a superior engineered cap or hit up a seller for an old one.

In my opinion I think my cap with the O-ring is the only one that completely seals the tank . You can have a full tank of gas and go around right hand corners all day with no worry of the usual stain coming down your quarter panel .

Thanks for all the input guys!

I have ordered one of Damraiders caps, looking forward to getting rid of the gas smell and the spillage!

Got the gas cap in today from Damriders, impressive quality at first look and very prompt shipping! I had all intentions of painting it but now that I have it in my hands, think I'll polish it out since it's all aluminum.

Haven't tried it on the car yet......didn't feel like trudging through the 6"+ of snow we got today to try it on, but when I do, I'll give everyone a heads up on my final impression, don't think I'll be disappointed. ;)

As I said, didn't think I'd be disappointed!

Fits like a glove and snug as hell! No more leaks! I just threw it on for now, but the inner locking mechanism has various holes to mount to the cap so it will align to the body the way you need it. THICK O ring as a seal which I'm sure will last for years to come.

I'll post photos within the next day or two.

Quality product for a problem that I'm sure so many of us have, for a reasonable price.
I HIGHLY recommend it! Thanks Damriders!

This gas cap should be listed on the forum as a sticky post somewhere so it's easily accessible to members searching.......just a thought.

-
Back