Status
Not open for further replies.

mcshaffer

66 Val Gal
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
2-door hardtop [FONT=&quot]273 cu in V-8 Automatic, Edelbrock Carburetor, Factory AC [/FONT]38,900 miles
Located in Jacksonville, FL

[FONT=&quot]Runs great, needs some TLC and attention! Rust repair/new paint, replaced suspension parts (sleeves/upper A arm bolts), driveshaft repair, replaced rear shocks, replaced brake lines-bled and adjusted brakes (right wheel cylinder leaking), replaced alternator, 4 tires mounted and balanced, replaced fuel pump and line, replaced front and back upholstery (some recent damage to front seat), needs headliner and some interior work - front bumper has rust. See pics in my gallery. $3,500

This is an inherited vehicle and was driven daily. I don't know a lot about vintage vehicles and I am not financially able to keep it on the road. It is a nice car, in great shape and really deserves to have someone revive its legacy! Should be seen on the road!
[/FONT]

Where is the fender tag and what info would I find that would indicate commando? Where can I find info on "Commando" car?
Rose

bbl is an abbreviation for barrel, Im not sure why though, Its doesnt really make sense.
2bb = 2 barrel
4bbl = 4 barrel which would be a 273 commando in your case.

In 66 the vin is the same for 2bbl and 4bbl. Fender tag is the only way to tell. Fender tag is located on top of the driver side fender well next to the battery.

Beautiful Valiant!
Should sell quick at that price.
When you find the Fender Tag and Data Card take close up pics of them and we will decode them for you.

Later,
Bruce B.

In 66 the vin is the same for 2bbl and 4bbl. Fender tag is the only way to tell. Fender tag is located on top of the driver side fender well next to the battery.

Thanks for clarifying that. I didnt know that.:cheers:

I found this car on Craigslist and could have bought it for $2000 but it needed some work. At the time the brakes were not working, so that's seems to have been addressed. It appears to be a well cared for car that was painted a bit ago but the current owner was not sure what sort of rust repair may have been made. "Chameleon" aka Bill did me a great favor and checked it out for me. I passed on it because I wasn't sure about the rust as it seems there was surface rust everywhere and I was uncertain haw bad it actually was. The car does not have "commando" emblems on the front fenders it has "V eight" emblems so I assume the car has a 273 2bbk engine with some commando valve covers with a new 4bbl carb and intake (I personally prefer this over an actual "Commando" engine as it would have a lower compression ratio and could be run on regular gas). The car does have a 8 3/4" rear axle and 14" wheels & tires. All of the "Signet" side trim is missing, which is kinda common when one of these gets painted. The positives are it has a 273 V8, an 8 3/4" rear axle and air conditioning (which I don't think was working at the time). I hop this helps.

Does it have an 8 3/4 rear? '66 was the year that the 4bbl and some 2bbl cars had them. Thanks

Yes, it does have the 8 3/4 rear. It has a newer 4bbl. I inherited this car which was driven daily at the time. I drove it for awhile until I had a problem with the brakes - I thought they needed to be replaced but I found that is actually just a leak in the wheel cylinder. I cannot afford repairs or upkeep on the car. I would love to see it go to someone who would enjoy putting it on the road. It runs great but the prior body and paint work seems to need some work. The Florida air is not doing any good by sitting in my driveway, hopefully it will find a good home! Thanks for asking, Rose.

Looks like Victoria's big brother :happy10: A/C, V8 and 8 3/4 rear end Coupe =P~ To cool :happy10:
I hope it finds a good home, Mine is a slant 6 three on the tree standard Valiant 100 8) Mine need work to, but I drive it everyday

You're killing me! I search until the cows come home to find a 66 Valiant, and finally score one with a /6 3spd and a 7.25 rear... no A/C... I have installed the fresh 318, still need to put the 8.75 in, and have over 4k in it already... AND it is near my home in St. Augustine... Sometimes it pays to just wait. Are you listening prospective buyers? Unless it's an absolute bondo bucket this looks like a sweet deal if you love the '66 models... I am too far along on mine now to mess with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back