'66 Plymouth Valiant Signet RestoMod project

-
Thank you for a trip down memory lane :-D I can smell the paint from here cb66valiant :cheers:

I can't wait for another ForAbodiesOnly contest again :cheers: this will be a strong contender =P~ Keep up the great work :cheers:

Santa did not bring me a shop this year 8)

Dam does that silver look good!!!
The tire combo is awsome, I think I need to borrow you and your friend.
My goal is to paint my 65 Cuda a grey silver from a 92 Dak, with the burgundy interior.

Looks Great! Really diggin the Silver Paint Awesome job.

If I ever get my Duster to the paint stage the plan is to go the same color as my truck, Light Driftwood. Then once the truck is repainted I plan to mist gloss black from the bottom up about 8 - 12" (car and truck) then put the gloss black Duster Stripes on both. The call out numbers on the truck will be in a circle with a line with HEMI inside, on the car I'll probably go w/340 since that's what it came with and after I blow the small block I'll probably just put a ??? as the call out. I'd love to find another 5.9 ISB (Cummins) and somehow mount it in the Duster - that would be a pretty unique Duster. I'd have to place the red letters on the doors that read "Cummins 24 Valve Turbo Diesel" :toothy10:.

I did indeed stayed with the sbp. I don't know, just thought everyone seems to want to change their cars to bbp. So I thought i would leave mine alone. I know its easier to find the parts to convert the front to disc with bbp, but I have a friend with a 71 Duster, that is changing his to bbp, so I can get the parts to change mine to disc in front and keep the sbp without spending $1000. Thank you SSBC.
Can't wait to get this thing out and have some fun.
Thanks guys for the comments. Will be sure to keep you posted with more pics.
cb66

Looks awesome. Lots of 66 Valiants popping up. Lovin it.

Finally getting to post some new pics. Car is 95% done. Just some detail stuff to do. I did install the new stereo headunit, will take some pics of the dash soon. Let me know what you think!
Thanks guys,
cb66

102_1400.jpg

102_1401.jpg

102_1402.jpg

102_1399.jpg

Too Cool !!!

What size and brand of tires are you running..they look great !

Grassy

Awesome! Looks great in silver.
I see it is 2 stage what brand paint? What color silver?

It looks great.

Thanks for the compliments. That is a Dodge Viper silver. Paint code VA9. They were some cheap tires, (Diamondback Triangle) but I liked the tread design.

Later

That's a great color for your car. I think the squareness of the 66 looks good in silver. I may have missed it, but what motor, trans, rear and suspension are you using?

It's an original 273 car. It know has a rebuilt '70 340, .030 over, MP 268 cam, X heads, 904 trans, w/ a manual valve body. 8 3/4 rear end w/ a 3.91 posi.

Very VERY NIZE =P~=P~ Looks like a top shelf build :cheers:
When I seen the first picture I thought you painted the top white :happy10:
That 66 Valiant will be a blast to drive and as light as they are it should be a fast ride :-D:-D Congrat's on a great build

Sorry guys. I go to respond to the various questions and I forget what all was asked! Ha! But anyway it has R-M paint & clear. The tires are 245/45/17 rear and 215/45/17 front.

i really like the look of your car. i have a question about your rims. are they chrome or polished?

-
Back