'66 Plymouth Valiant Signet RestoMod project

-

demonsrt

Reaction score
My good friend is finally starting a restoration project on his '66 Plymouth Valiant Signet. He's planning to replace the 273 motor with a '70 340 motor. He's also going to change the body color to silver, and redo some of the interior. 17" Coy wheels will also replace the factory wheels.

valiant2.jpg

Start Of his Project...Car partially disassembled..

valiant20.jpg

valiant21.jpg

valiant4.jpg

Getting ready to pull out the factory 273 motor

valiant5.jpg

Engine finally removed

valiant6.jpg

Engine Bay being prepped for painting

valiant1.jpg

Engine Bay painted and detailed

valiant3.jpg

Rebuilt '70 340 motor ready to be dropped in

valiant22.jpg

Motor install completed

valiant15.jpg

Another pic of the motor...pardon the dust

more pics to come....

Wow..keep the pictures coming..are they taken at a business or do you actually own a hydrolic car jack..(first pic)..i am so envious.. :)

and everything is sooo clean !

keep up this great thread..

Grassy

Very nice=P~
And welcome to this great site :cheers:
Don't stop now =P~=P~
66 Hard top, or coup witch ever8) Plymouth early A =P~=P~

Ralley's 004.jpg

Looks like a fun project - keep us updated with more pics. That 'red' engine pops nice against the silver paint.

valiant16.jpg

Cutting in jambs

valiant17.jpg

valiant18.jpg

valiant13.jpg

Prepping the dash to be painted body color

valiant12.jpg

valiant19.jpg

Some mud work on the trunk

valiant8.jpg

Repair work on the right 1/4 panel

valiant11.jpg

Body work done and ready to be painted

valiant9.jpg

17" Coy wheels already mounted and balanced

Updates to come....

Looking real good =P~=P~ And I have got to say8) NICE SHOP =P~:cheers:

badass. 66's valiants coming out of the wood work. love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

One sweet ride! The combo of the silver and wheels are gonna look great and 340 will make it haul a$$. nice work.

Another '66 Val Signet! It looks like it was a nice car and it'll be great in silver, new wheels and a 340! Thanks for keeping is informed.

Thanks for the compliments!
Sorry I did't just post this myself but I haven't taken the time to do so. As for the lift in the shop; that is not mine. Fortunately I work at a Collision Center and can use the resources we have at our shop. Along with the equipment that I have access to, I also have to have one of the best bosses that anyone could ask for. As normal, this has taken longer than what I expected. Even though we our one of the busiest collision centers in our area, he hasn't made me take it home yet. He is always giving words of encouragement and answers for my questions (can't forget parts!). You could not ask for a better person to be your boss and your friend.
I am not a body man so I need all the help I can get. My good friend Zac, that is helping me with the car also, has been after me to post some things, but I just haven't had time. So, he took the liberty of posting some of the pics I have taken so far. You've got to appreciate that.
I cannot wait to start reassembling this thing. I will be sure to keep everyone updated with pics.
Thank again,
cb66

Very nice looking Valiant.
The Silver and the burgundy interior look really nice, as with the engine compartment and the black.
What size tires do you have? I love the look of those Coys.

Very nice looking Valiant.
The Silver and the burgundy interior look really nice, as with the engine compartment and the black.
What size tires do you have? I love the look of those Coys.

I am putting 245/45/17 rear and 215/45/17 on the front.

100_0553.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0558.jpg

Basecoat finally on.

100_0559.jpg

Painting some interior pieces.

100_0563.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

Polishing up some trim. Not fun!

100_0563.jpg

Painting the middle of the body side moldings.

100_0571.jpg

Checkin' the stance.

100_0572.jpg

-
Back