66 stepside

-
cool truck.. don't like the decals at all though. would look better without them.. they look out of place. especially the tailgate one.. the stacks are cool though..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Don't make it a LRE it is a pie plate grill truck.
Those steps on the bed are very hard to find original, sorry somebody cut a hole in them.
Truck looks solid.

someone was repopping them for a while i think.. i may even have a set out in the shed.

I took interior out over the weekend. I thought I did some questionable things... But the guy I bought this from has me beat hands down. Stuffed a beach towel in hole in seat then through the cheapest seat over he could find over it. Then it was off to Home Depot for some carpet... And about 3 tubes of liquid nails and 3 tubes of silicone to glue it all down. It worked. Major pain to get it out. Then striped the floor and did the por 15 patch job on it...

I have been working on interior lately. Floor pans needed a little repair. Did the por 15 treatment. Today got new carpet in, rebuilt/ reupholstered seat back in, new seat belts bolted in. Tomorrow put a little trim on carpet/ door area and install the headliner. Then mostly done for now. Going to check on a dash mat. Will try to upload a couple pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 93
I have a neighbor (15 mi) down the road. he has small shop, his main interest ( career) is doing old dodge trucks. welder, bodymanman, mechanic ( country style). he sent me off to see guy wayyyyyy out in the sticsk as I was looking f or a SB 904 cable tranny. well this "guy" has been collecting mainly trucks for 40 tears. incredible collection of 30's 40's. sweptsides, sweptlines, and bunch of neat cars too.
his "keeper" car is a 68 charger rt 4 speed car. next time there I will ask if I can short a few truck pics. I really want the solid sweptline..... HA, and what all else!!!

-
Back