'66 Valiant 100 Not mine $500

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Saw this on facebook market place. '66 Valiant 100 2-door post. $500

Just passing it along. I'd love to pic it up but just not in a position to buy another project right now.

It's in Penrose, CO

Sorry, cant get the facebook link to post right.

011966009344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=NrEA_UKNJ-8AX_x5ozC&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

521837256704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=Na9BWQmLRKIAX8CeWQU&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.jpg

308795727872_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=Ef8pOk6IqrAAX82DKpi&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.jpg

Shame it has to be the ugliest year they ever made.

That is not very far from me but I'll pass on a 66.

Any details? I like it, reminds me of a 4 door my uncle had, white with blue interior, 225/904. Fun cruiser, he called it "The Jumping Frog"...

When I retired, I knew I was going to get some kind of a cool car to have fun with. I went around and around in Mopar-Manic circles trying to figure out what that car would be. This exact car is what settled me on a 66 Valiant. I'm aware they are not for everyone, but it works for me.

66-20plymouth-2024-jpg.jpg

My grocery getter...

Kalama.jpg

Dang! Apparently some numbskull couldn't figure out the easy way to get the trunk open! :realcrazy:
And the sad thing is that 66 has a ton of one year only parts and would like pulling teeth to replace.

I ran into the same problem with a 65 fury. A 65 and 66 fury look similar at first glance but 65 has so many one year only parts like a $1k + center console. Yet one year later, a 66 fury will interchange a ton of stuff 66 to 69 c body and it gets easier to restore.

66 was the one year only transition for a body. Almost nothing goes to the 67 plus side and so much was changed and updated from the 65 and down side.

And the sad thing is that 66 has a ton of one year only parts and would like pulling teeth to replace.

Yup. That's why when I saw another 66 (same color, same trim, same everything except an auto not a stick) that had been hit hard in the rear I bought the whole thing for a parts car.

So then did you buy that masterpiece??

If you come down this way to pick it up, then maybe you can come by and see the ranch, if you want.

No, I didn't buy it, like I said above I cant afford to have two mopars right now, and no place to park it anyway. But I would like to find a nice '66 someday when I'm in a better position to build another car.

-
Back