'66 Valiant convert on eBay

-

SlotCarWon

Reaction score
There's a really nice looking '66 Valiant Signet Convertible on eBay with less than 30,000 miles on it, but there's a few things that make me wonder about the real condition of the car like the pentastar is missing (rust repair?) and the rubber covers in the engine compartment are missing (repaint).

What's everyone else think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...6754728QQsspagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Probably one of the best buy on a 1966 Valiant convertible. I like the untouched ones. Nobody has done 10 miles of wiring for speakers, engine etc. Re the rubber under the hood, they were probably removed because of cleaning leaves in the cowl.

That is a super super clean convertible. Those are the original seats. You can't getthe Bison/ostrich pattern anymore for the 66's.

That is exactly how my vert looked when I got it. This is a steal at 6k and if there was zero rust. Car looks very clean for sure.

Hope a FABO member gets it. I bet Memike will be drooling over a drop top Victoria.

I had sent some emails to the seller, he replied that he's posting it for his uncle and I should talk directly to his uncle. I called and talked to him, he seemed very honest and just wanted to get his money back from this car.
He actually bought it for his sister, who is now 70, since she had a '66 Valiant a long time ago, but now she is too ill to enjoy it.
He bought the car from the 2nd owner, a mechanic, who redid the brakes and radiator, new tires etc.
The car was originally undercoated and the origianal owner took the car back every year for quite a few years so it sounds like the car is solid.
The current owner does not know if there was ever any body work done to it and either of the two previous owners may have had some paint/body work done to it - so the best I could get is that the 2nd owner thinks it was probably painted at some point.
This looks like a really really nice car, it's just not a real "survivor".

Now I just have to find out how much my better half will allow me to bid. I expect to be 2nd highest bidder on this car, it always seems like there's #1 bidder, then me and then there's usually a huge gap to the next guy.

-
Back