66 Valiant convertiable windshield weather strip

-

Sleeper Slant

Reaction score
Is the windshield weather strip for a 1966 Valiant convertible the same as the hardtop weather strip?
Do I need the “locking strip” that is usually sold with the weather strip? Mine has chrome molding across the top and down the side pillars.
Where is the best place to purchase the windshield weather strip?

I think the glass is the same but the rubber weather strip is specific to convertibles. I'm not sure if it's reproduced or not - you might need to save yours or find a used one.

That's right! The convertible has a weatherstrip which is higher on the top section. The reproduced weatherstrip is for hardtop only. You need to fill in some extra rubber at the top so it looks better.

Atlas Obsolete Chrysler Parts list a complete rubber kit for early A bodies. It's high, but has everything but the vent window rubber. I just bought the kit but haven't installed it yet. Plans are to install windshield Tuesday. Will let you know how it works.

On another note, I took the vent window chromw parts to a local place that had just opened in my area. Thought I would try them out to see what kind of work they do. BIG, BIG mistake!! What was suppose to be 7 to 10 work day turn around, turned into 2 months. I finally talked to him on the phone and told him I just want my parts back, done or not. Out of 6 pieces, he lost 2. Never did anything to them, So now I've lost two months and my parts. Anyone have the top pieces for the vent window?
Tom

windshield installed. looks great!

Attachments

• Dart windshield 011 (Custom).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Dart windshield 012 (Custom).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 210
-
Back