66 Valiant floor pans??

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get new floor pans for a 66 Valiant??? I looked on ebay, saw everything but pans for a 66...

I know that the years 63' thru 66 used many of the same parts for the body, so you can look into these for some replacement metal. unless to have a bead-roller and the proper hammers and dollies I dont think you'll be doing this yourself, having them fabricated can cost alot. Good luck!

Auto Body Specialties www.autobodyspecialt.com makes front floor pans for 63-66 a bodies. When I ordered mine back in Oct. they didn't have pans for the rear but said they where working on it. I am not aware of anybody that makes a full pan for these cars. Check with these guys to see if rears are available yet, they are very pleasant to work with and very prompt with shipping. Good luck with your project, post some pics when you get a chance.

Bob

I checked them out, 25"x30".... $110.00 each, Gezzzzz, hope that includes shipping and installation 8)

Hey Bob, what kinda shipping charge did thay stick you with on your pans?? I've shipped alot of big car parts includeing floor pans, these couldn't be oversize... Thay have the rear floor pans now ($120.00 each).. I thought about waiting on getting a parts car, as bad as my front pans are I'm guessing a parts car will look about the same, my Valiant came out of Georgia, theres not a spot of rust anywhere else on the car, just the floor pans, must have been the old carpet that caused it...

I bought the front pans and they fit nice two years later the rear pan was avalible 2 and a quarter short. But [email protected] had a full original metal floorpan in nice
get-attachment.aspx
shape for $450.

Hey Paul, I sent you a PM on the shipping, as for size, they cover from the fire wall to about 4" behind the front seat mount, and from the rocker to about 2-3" up the side of the trans. tunnel. I needed to trim about .5" to .75" from the outside edge along the rocker on each side. Mine wasn't rusted near the trans tunnel so I left about 2-3" of the orig. floor along the tunnel and trimmed the new ones accordingly. You may also want to leave an inch or so of the orig. pan at the firewall seam as these pans just reach the factory seam, no excess material at the firewall. Overall a very nice fit. Hope this helps. Bob

Thanks guys, these pans are exactly what I'm looking for.. I want to do this Valiant right.. It's a keeper... Now I gotta find a bullet proof budget rear end that can take a 383.. I'm thinking a late 80's gt 8.8 stang rear might fit lenght wise, gotta do some measurements...

-
Back