66 Valiant Gas Tank Seal Ring Problem

-

Chuckman

Reaction score
We replaced the tank and sending unit on our 66 valiant, and could not get the O Ring to stop dripping. I saw on here a few months ago, that the rings you buy at auto parts stores are too thin to work properly. Apparently there is someone on here that has Mopar sending unit O rings. Does anyone know how to contact them?

ya need the old ring!!!!! a million threads on here bout it.

post under parts wanted. surely someone can mail ya one.

you would think all the repoped Chinese Taiwainesed rings could be stamped out of the correct thickness metal. should not be rocket science!!!!!!!!!!!????? it tells ya what caliber of people run our reproduction parts businesses!??????????

The rubber seal can be ordered through NAPA at about 5 bucks. As for the metal lock ring in OEM thickness, Why those are missing is a mystery to me. After re-read I see you replaced tank also. OEM lock ring was tossed with the tank I guess.
If there is a extra here I may never find it but I will have a look. Good luck

people replace the o ring and use the NEW lock ring, is always the problem. not the rubber o ring. I use the old lock ring and have never had a nrew tank and seal leak. use the New repop ring and it will leak!

A much better solution, specially if you are replacing tank is get the sender and pick up ABOVE fuel level and end problem forever!!!!

tanks Inc FI.jpg

Tanks Inc. Its their FI tank but can be used with a sock type pick up rather than with a pump pick up. We sell them, PM for special FABO member deal.

-
Back