66 valiant signet in the build process

-

roger buetow

Reaction score
This Valiant is still in the build stage, some of the highlights rotisserie body work, 8.8 tri angulated coil over diff, disc's front and rear, 360 la .030 over, h beam rods, kb 107s, some porting mainly bowls and port match comp 20-230-4, 274 with .502 and .511, 750 d/p, custom fender well headers, msd ign, tf 904, engine has had its initial start and 20 min run, sounds great. car is painted viper red with black interior and custom wrapped dash with auto meter gauges.

DSCN1379.JPG

DSCN1380.JPG

Wow what a great looking build. Well looks like I am buying a 1964 plymouth valiant off my son. I am thinking about pulling the 360 magnum out of my 91 dakota sport and put in the 64. So I am very interested in learning more about your headers. Who makes them and what size are they?

They are 1 & 5/8 into 3 in. collectors and fender well tubes with down turn stainless elbows (not shown) and JET HOT coated, there is not much room for them but I wanted to fill the engine bay for appearance. You can't find anything like that so I had to make them.

Very clean build. Fantastic job on the headers! Can’t wait to see more pics.

Is that the QA1 coilover kit? Also, where did you get those valve covers? Looks great. Have a pic of the whole car?

I had seen an article on the QA1 set up that I liked and being kind of a cheap guy I just made up all of the parts for my Valiant build, what I really like is that it is fully adjustable and lighter then the stock components plus using the 8.8 diff. you have a limited slip, 31 spline axles, 3.73 ratio gear and disk brakes all in one package, that is a good deal.

-
Back