66 Valiant Signet Interior Decoding and Replacement

-

keith_split

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need some help trying to identify replacements for the interior package of my car. I am attaching pictures of the interior as it came. It seems that none of the major replacement vendors reflect this pattern on any of their replacement options. Is my car truly a unicorn? Did the dealer do something unique? Were these interior options so rare that replacements were never produced? Is it worth the cost and effort to return this to "stock/show room original" I have gone through all the other mechanical things leaving body and interior to last. What to do, what to do?

20230218_084644[1].jpg

20230218_084700[1].jpg

20230218_084752[1].jpg

20230218_084809[1].jpg

20230218_084736[1].jpg

This is amazing! I have yet to see this anywhere. Seems to have the front seat option as well, no wonder it has not been reproduced.

Now where would one go to find such a thing in Tan/Bronze?

66_Valiant0001 Interior Option.jpg

66_Valiant0002 Material Option.jpg

Last edited:
The original owner may have ordered it that way. Back then, if you knew someone you could order a lot of things that weren't on the dealership floor.

I actually paid attention after my initial excitement to finally finding enlightenment and edited. Seems it was a standard option. Now to find the material and the proper upholsterer.

Scratches Head....

I think the door panels may be a lost cause.....

Find a good recommended upholsterer, can match something real close…. For headliner and seats

I assume you tried Legendary and they don't make them?
I was unable to find anything on their site. With the new info I got here I have recently sent them an email. Wait and see what they come back with I suppose.

Oh the options...

Legendary makes the correct pattern seat covers (ostrich feather pattern), seat foam, lumbar foam and the headliner is a very unique cool material as well that they reproduce.

I will admit I used PUI '65 door and quarter panels because I liked the bright inserts better and they were in stock and cheaper. I am sure Legendary makes the correct panels though.

IMG_2892.jpeg

IMG_1493.jpeg

Last edited:
Legendary makes the correct pattern seat covers (ostrich feather pattern), seat foam, lumbar foam and the headliner is a very unique cool material as well that they reproduce.

I will admit I used PUI '65 door and quarter panels because I liked the bright inserts better and they were in stock and cheaper. I am sure Legendary makes the correct panels though.

View attachment 1716054836

View attachment 1716054837
How’s the quality of the PUI door panels? I’ve been curious.

-
Back