66ovalracuda hood spring rem

-

dukes69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any tips on removing the hood springs from my 66 cuda? Do I just pry them out of the slot on the inner fender?

oops on the spelling earlier (stupid fingers on the laptop):cheers:

Do I just pry them out of the slot on the inner fender?
Don't do that. With the hood off just pull them back to release from the hinge. Can do single handed but takes a bit of muscle. With 2 people should be no problem.

one person can do it - remove the hood, put the pivot in your hand ( the one attaching to the hood part of the hinge) and then push the hood closed slightly to get the roller past the lock, after that you just let the hinge go back up while you keep the roller away from the lock.

just be careful when removing them, remember they are under some pretty serious tension and if you slip when holding them the potential for an injury is definitely there. I removed mine with a huge pair of channel-locks because I didn't want my fingers anywhere near them.

Yeah, remove them from the hinge by using a long screw driver or pry bar to take the tension off. and then push the hinge to the side. Don't pry them from the pivot brackets on the body. They're easy to damage and hard to fix correctly.

Thanks I will try it tonight, I just didn't want hurt anything.

Next question who makes the best window seals for my 66

-
Back