67 440 dart

-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 67 440 dart has a issue with the right side valve cover hitting the blower motor. Im sure this has been discussed but what is the fix, if any. I dont want to remove blower. Thanks. :color: MT

Im freshining my 440 dart and while I have it apart I would like to address this, Been like this since it was put togather.

That link may be to the mod. for the blower motor, but I think it only works on non-A/C cars.

On my '68 440 w/ A/C, I could fit the factory valve covers that had the indention (slope) by the blower motor. I had 2 pair but they were both in poor shape, so I ordered the cheapest chrome valve cover I could find and dimpled them with an air hammer. It's not that noticeable.

Note: I have Edelbrock RPM heads on mine, don't know if there's a height difference

Just a thought, Has anyone tried to put shims between the K member and the frame rails? That will raise the body in relation to the engine. Too hard to align it after? what if i used adjustable upper A arms? Cant get T bars in? Any thoughts? Thanks MT

-
Back