67/68/69 cuda dilemma

-
Still waiting on Willie. He came by and got the rest of the pinion shims right at about the time the kiddos went back to school from thanksgiving break. I just called him. He said he had the rear back together the next day, but has been so busy he hasnt had time to bring it by. Had no time to go out to his deer lease either. I know he has a lot on his plate being head auto shop instructor, and head of the votech dept, so i will be glad to have it back.

Brakes are all done/restored, new brake lines, new e brake cables, new axles. All thats left is to sand down and paint the housing, tap it for an 1/8" pipe tap drain plug on the bottom. Paint the chunk cast iron grey when i finally get it back and reassemble. The reassembly part will go quickly. Mebbe an afternoon and thats about it.

So i guess i can start on the housing, and get it in primer and paint.

Last edited:
Well later today i may be cutting off all the exploder specific brackets on that 8.8 rear. Its a 2001 so i got to figure out if its early or late 2001 to order brake pads. I still got 1 half of my garage to clean up and need to get motivated first.

Last edited:
I have a buddy looking for a notch back here in Texas if you decide to sell it as is, pm me.

I know where theres another 69 notchback in Anson Tx. Was a gran coupe. Needs everything, and i mean everything. But fairly solid except floors. Guy says he wants to restore it but i doubt he knows what hes getting into moneywise with it. Orig a 318 column shift 7.25 factory A/C car. Only thing straight on it is if i can remember right is the roof, RT rear quarter panel, drivers door. Needs trunklid, whole nose, LT rear quarter unless you want to bang out and fix bullet holes, passenger door, all window glass, he wanted $500 for it w no title. I offered $250 he didnt go for it. I was going to combine everything from both cars to make a good one. I have since collected up more for the 69 i have making it closer to being restorable. Getting a Texas bonded title isnt a problem, but it will cost you close to $300 with a bond to do it right. I have done this before.

Got a good after Christmas sale thru www.getallparts.com a pair of goodmark 69 rear quarters, 10% off plus shipping. Ended up costing $312 shipped for the pair. Essentially $1 more than i payed for a pair of these for my 67 notchback 4 years ago. Also got a nice new dutchman panel off fabo awhile back for i think $50 to replace the one thats rotted across the bottom.

Screenshot_20171229-091741.jpeg

20180105_162751.jpg

Wow, nice. So, those are Goodmark? Can I ask how much shipping was? I need to ship one up to Montana.

Just checked bill of lading, they came out of Kansas city missouri. Out of state, I payed i think shipping only . They had a keystone warehouse stamp on them. Total was $312, minus $260 for the pair. $45.00 i can only assume the $45 was truck freight, either that or somebody really screwed up when they calculated the shipping.

The set i got for my 67 about 4 years ago were $125 each no discount was available to be applied , and i got a goodmark battery tray along with them for $11. Everything that time shipped from a warehouse in Texas. I had to pay 8.25% sales tax, and shipping. Still was only $311 back then

Check their site. They dont have "all" parts, however they got quite a bit in sheetmetal parts.

They used to have The goodmark repop standard mopar steering wheel in black.for 67-69. I picked it up for $95 when they had them. Werent listed for barracuda, but were listed for 68-69 dart and charger.

As far as em being goodmark, they say GMK in the part number so i can only assume so. I slipped one over my 67 existing oem quarter. And they seem to fit pretty good. I dont understand why people cut so much off them to install them. One of the rectangular reflector holes the corner flange isnt quite pressed down. Easily fixed though

Hi steve, this thread is for the 69 notch i rescued. It was a half stripped race car. It was going to be a 67, 68, 69, but over time i seem to be finding more 69 specific parts so the thread is morphing into a collection of parts to redo a 69 notchback w my son as he gets older. I also got all the wiring for the car minus the dash harness thru yearones new years 30% off discount. I got a decent useable dash harness for a 69 from Cosgig i will redo.

Well Matt, I followed your link and ordered a quarter. The quarter was $148 and shipping was $12! I still think something is going to go wrong as this is ridiculously low. Even Rockauto was $230 shipping.

Yup, that is what I ordered. Like you said, it is cheap! Unbelievably cheap. If you had not already done this, I would think it was a scam!

LOL. I know right. I couldent believe my eyes the first time i ordered my 67 quarters from them. I was like ummm ok this is what you want for it all shipped to my doorstep. Ok i'll bite. If its a scam i will have my credit card company cancel the charges.

Its a shame you didnt pick up the 10% off new years discount. Not sure if it was running for a week or all month. And you did way better on the freight than me at $12. Mine was $45, but i had 2 quarters, and i think maybe sales tax.

Somebody needs to tell em to stock floor pans and wheel houses, trunk extensions trunk floors etc lol. I'd gladly pick it all if i could get it on the cheap.

No kidding. They have a "floor pan" listed but it is actually only a 4 spd hump. I will be keeping an eye on this sight to see what they come up with. I believe I got the last passenger side quarter they had.

They used to have the goodmark repop standard steering wheel for 67-69. Used to be listed for dart. About $95.

Heres aome more good deals they have. I may have to go back for the mirrors. Dual non remotes would be cool.

Screenshot_20180126-151007.png

Screenshot_20180126-151024.png

I'm not sure what bumpers go for, but they have them for about $200. These prices are good, but the shipping is beyond belief.

Chrome cuda bumpers. I think i payed $275 each for mine, that was maybe 5-6 years ago thru evilbay. Golden star, maybe Goodmark. Id have to look at the boxes in my loft. I have 2 oem ones that are straight but need rechrome. I'm saving those for the 69. I figure etch primer, paint em body color with new hardware, and change em out for chrome ones later.

Last edited:
I finally pieced together some nice 69 grilles, out of 2 sets of broken grilles, and some other odds n ends i got from fabo sale ads, so its looking more like its gonna actually be a 69 barracuda instead of a 3 year pieced together car. It took me 2 years of swappin and tradin and lots of plastic repair on the surrounds to get them to this point. Everythings temp assembled and in a padded box in my loft. They will come back apart to have final sanding and paint work done prior to assembly on the car when my boy gets older. Some new pieces on them like a mounting hardware kit, and new bulbs and lenses, but the rest is all used parts. Please do not inquire about me selling these. They are not for sale.

20180511_160944.jpg

20180511_160931.jpg

20180511_160939.jpg

Finally finished piecing some 69 taillights together. The housings were from laysons sold to me by a fabo member. Lenses i got used from Cosgig, and micropolished to look like new and the trim euscutcheons i got on sale from PG not shown in pix. Also got new lens gaskets from Jim fillmore at DMT.

20180211_171927.jpg

-
Back