67-68 dart question -

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
If I wanted to clone a 67 to a 68 - I know I'd need grill, tail lights, side marker lights, window trim was different , how about interior stuff ? Anything else I missed ? If I go for a GT, guess I'd need a different hood as well (w/inserts?)

If I wanted to clone a 67 to a 68 - I know I'd need grill, tail lights, side marker lights, window trim was different , how about interior stuff ? Anything else I missed ? If I go for a GT, guess I'd need a different hood as well (w/inserts?)

68 had a different dash pad with lower pad as well, Bucket seats had a soft back with catches in different pattern, sheet metal for the tail light buckets are deeper, GT still had flat hood, GTS has budged hood, rear bumper (no back up lights, in tail lights), radio antenna has larger bezel on 68

There are a lot of little things that you will find different, but parts are parts and unless you want a show quality clone does it really matter if all is correct?

I like the no side marker lights and plan on doing a 67 Hardtop to look just like my brothers 69 GTS he had when I was a teenager. The one thing it will not have is the side markers. It will have a 68 grill (his did, was wrecked and repaired before he bought it) BB, auto, white/ white with red stripe.

whatever you do do it to please you

I have 68 seats, 69 stripe & hood, 71 engine

Thanks - I'm about finished with my 73 Swinger with a 72 front clip and 70-1 grill and has a 68 340 and twin scoops, shaved side marker lights and antenna hole soooooooo .... I don't have a problem with making 'em my own either !

My 67 was converted to a 68 clone by the previous owner. Grill, tail lights etc.

I am in the process of converting the interior to black 68 buckets, from a white bench set up.

Purists hate it. But who cares? It's my car, not theirs. It also was a slant six, now a 340, soon to be a 416.

PM me if you have any other questions.

-
Back