[WANTED] 67-69 Barracuda or Rallye dash SPEEDOMETER

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got this one. I think the numerical layout makes it a '68? Uses the push on style speedo cable (not threaded like '67). Small scratch on the face on the "10", needle could use a repaint, but all the mechanisms seem to work pretty well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3695.JPG

I've got this one. I think the numerical layout makes it a '68? Uses the push on style speedo cable (not threaded like '67). Small scratch on the face on the "10", needle could use a repaint, but all the mechanisms seem to work pretty well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
View attachment 1714983828
View attachment 1714983829

Just an FYI. You may want to check into the effects of painting the needle and if it will throw off the calibration at all. Years ago I had a tach rebuilt and painted the needle after the fact. The extra weight of the paint threw it off where it needed to be recalibrated. Just something's be aware of.

Just an FYI. You may want to check into the effects of painting the needle and if it will throw off the calibration at all. Years ago I had a tach rebuilt and painted the needle after the fact. The extra weight of the paint threw it off where it needed to be recalibrated. Just something's be aware of.

That might be true for an electronic tach, but for a mechanical speedometer it's not going to change a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back