67-69 Barracuda Quarter Window Regulator Removal

-

roughidle

Super Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there have any tips/tricks/ pictures of how to remove the quarter windows and regulators on a 67-69 notchback?

Thanks

Step 1. Buy a 6 pack of beer
Step 2. Drink the 6 pack of beer
Step 3. Say "Screw it, Im going to watch TV and go to bed."
Step 4. Watch TV and go to bed.

Repeat steps 1 - 4 when the thought of removing the regulator enters your mind.

But seriously, it's s crap job even after you have done it a few times, it's total hell the first time.

I would like to help but things move in all directions, you need to hit the magic spot. I know, somewhere, a mopar engineer is still laughing, because he knows someone had to work on one of those.

Step 1. Buy a 6 pack of beer
Step 2. Drink the 6 pack of beer
Step 3. Say "Screw it, Im going to watch TV and go to bed."
Step 4. Watch TV and go to bed.

Repeat steps 1 - 4 when the thought of removing the regulator enters your mind.

But seriously, it's s crap job even after you have done it a few times, it's total hell the first time.

I would like to help but things move in all directions, you need to hit the magic spot. I know, somewhere, a mopar engineer is still laughing, because he knows someone had to work on one of those.

Too funny!!!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. There just seems to be that magic spot where you can slide the rollers out of the carrier and it all comes out. Hope I can find that spot easier when I go to put them back in!!!!!!!

Yeah you are about to get in a world of aggravating crap. Get the seat and interior panel out. Cover the sharp edges of interior wall with duct tape.
There is one little track mounted on the interior wall with a arm and roller in it that you may not see at first look ( 67 notch anyway. They aren't all the same ).
Here's my experience... After the needed quarter glass repair, a whole lot of time was spent adjusting so the quarter glass lined up properly with the door glass and the quarter glass would still roll up/down easily. I did finally find that sweet spot. A short time later I replaced the door hinge bushings. That was easy enough and the door lined up perfectly except, I had to go back and re adjust/align that quarter glass again.
DOH !
Bottom line... if the door hinges need renew, do that first. Get door and its glass position right before messing with the quarter glass.

Drop it out the huge rust hole in lower 1/4 panel. LOL. It's a biotch of a job otherwise.

-
Back