67-69 Barracuda side glass

-

Ted Carlson

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have replaced my windwing and door glass. I was from a 68 or 69 Baracuda. It doesn't want to fit. The windwind frmae wants to hit the door frame and the door glass interferes with the quarter glass. I thought that I had read somewhere that the 3 years are not interchangeable. Does any one know for sure of this is true??

Attachments

• 144.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 254
Ted, the three years should be the same there is a difference between Fast, notch and vert though.
It sounds like it needs to be completely re-adjusted. The Vent frame and up stops for the door glass are adjustable. the quarter windows are adjusted after the door glass is set especially if you replaced the weatherstripping, The service manual gives specific instructions on adjustment and should be found in here in a search.
John

There is a difference between them with the way that you adjust the stops for the front window travel. I know that 69's have a hole in the glass for pin that hits an adjustable bracket of some type that the earlier models don't have. You can still interchange from year to year as long as you match the style of bracket to the year of the glass.

NO no no 69-9 glass will not work in 67 cars, even from notch to notch.
Find that Youtube video of a cable tv show where 2 guys were building a 67 notch in a parts yard ( I don't have cable tv and I forget what the show title was ). They learned this the hard way too.
Or you could scroll through MaSnarts "Show us your 2nd gen Barracudas" thread and pay close attention to how and where the door glass meets the quarter glass in the different year models.

hollander 67-68 b -cuda ht 3225 1969 3409
fb 3226 1969 3410
vert 3210 1969 3411

did you mix the fast back vs hardtop vs convert glass??
69 will fit prior years on darts imagine b- cuda the same
--Lawrence

hollander 67-68 b -cuda ht 3225 1969 3409
fb 3226 3410
vert 3210 3411

did you mix the fast back vs hardtop vs convert glass??
69 will fit prior years on darts --Lawrence

OK Maybe I got the year these changed wrong. Maybe 67-8 are the same and 69 is different. Good luck fingering out whats what.

Chrysler would not have changed the shape of the glass from year to year. The only thing that they did was to add a hole in the glass in 69 because of the change to the travel adjustment. I have actually installed 67 side glass in a 69 by changing the stop adjustment in the door. I was initially concerned since the 67 glass didn't have hole that the 69 did until I looked at a inside of a 67 door and compared it to the 69 door so once I added the bracket from the 67 I was good to go.

With the door closed 2 pieces of stainless edging create a vertical line above the door handle. I wont say with conviction that this line was moved forward or back, how much it was moved, or why, or when.
With the door open you can see the door glass is shorter than the door and quarter glass comes out to meet it. You can see how simple it would have been to change where the 2 glasses meet. Good luck figuring it out.

-
Back