67-69 cuda questions!

-

Craig NY

Reaction score
Me again Well the time for me to get a car is rapidly approcahing, and im still trying to decide what car to get. Im goin nuts! LOL! There is a bodyshop down the block from my work yard, and i saw a guy touching up his 67 notch Barracuda. I hadent been looking at these cars much, but this thing was awesome! Ive been torn between the Duster for being a nice light A body, and loving the looks of the B's like a satellite or RR, and here is a car that is light like an A, and kinda looks like a B wouldnt ya say? Im thinking about it. Id still like to go with the bigblock, and i know the factory shoehorned bigblocks in these cars, so my question is, are there the same issues with a cuda than there is say a Duster like using fenderwall headers, what other things are involved when going with a big block fish like this. Also can i find a nice street/strip 67-69 (i dont mean an all out show car), for like 11k? Im hoping that you guys enjoying answering my questions, as i seem to keep asking them!Thanks!

67-69 Barracudas are the same as other 67 and up A's as far as big block swaps go. The trim is a little pricey and changes with each year. You should be able to pick up a nice one in your price range easily as well as just about any other A body.

Here are some pictures of my old 69. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/gallery/Cuda

AdamR said:
67-69 Barracudas are the same as other 67 and up A's as far as big block swaps go. The trim is a little pricey and changes with each year. You should be able to pick up a nice one in your price range easily as well as just about any other A body.

Here are some pictures of my old 69. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/gallery/Cuda
Thanks Adam! Sweet cars, bolth of em! :thumbup:

They are out there in that price range and pretty nice for that, too. The big block swap doesn't require fenderwell headers. Visit www.bigblockdart.com and wander around the tech pages. It's also a fairly easy swap. I've done a few and will do at least one more with my 67 Barracuda convertible.

Thanks guys. Yeah i understand that im not gonna have a trailer queen for the amount of money ill have. I plan on keeping the car forever and will have plenty of time to get it where i want it. I would just like a good starting point that, i can drive, have fun with and mabye rip down the track once in a blue moon!

I will more than likely catch a tone of heat for this one but oh well... I the over the long haul a 67 to 69 Barracuda will be better investment. I think the Duster will be less desireable for resale down the road... I think the Barracudas stand out unlike the Duster that looks alot like a Chevy.....Just one person's opinion so please flame lightly.....

Tex, you are absolutely correct, however, the notchback has always been the least desirable of the 67-69 Barracudas. It will probably always have more value than a similarly equipped Duster, though.

Well im leaning more towards the cuda everyday. Its funny that ive heard that from a few people that the notches are less desireable, as everyone is lookin for the fastbacks and verts, but the notch happens to be my favorite of the three! I guess that may work in my favor saving me a couple of bucks!

-
Back