67-69 Cuda repro bumpers any good?

-

chrisnben

MR Badfish
Reaction score
Does anyone have the reproduction 67-69 Barracuda bumpers? Kind of a loaded question, but at $300 a piece wondering how the chrome finish is?

I bought a pair 4 years ago for the black car. I WILL buy them again for the green car. I have had zero issues with them. Had a friend who got his re-chrome and is having issues with his. He also spent as much each to re-due them. I sold my good cores for 150 which made the price point even nicer for the new ones.I think VANS has the best deal on them.

269 each shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-67-68...NEW-/361028194065?vxp=mtr&hash=item540ef50f11

I have a AMD bumper on it's way from Summit right now. I'll let everyone know in about 3-4 days. I got it for $283 shipped after the 10% discount. That was the cheapest I've seen them.

In the meantime, you can do a search here and see what others have said. I think the general consensus is they are fine for a cruise night type car. The chrome isn't as thick as some of the US platers use, but I'm sure it will be fine for what I'm doing with my car.

update on repro bumpers. Picked up a pair from VANS Auto. Super quality chrome. Just as good as originals- IMO & for $450 a pair, can't go wrong! Just remember to take the 'made in Taiwann' sticker off the back ;)

Got mine from year one. Wait for the specials they offer. Got the bumpers for 250 each with free shipping. Quality, pretty good, but yes they are made in Taiwan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 93
I have re-chromed bumpers on my car both front and rear were done by Bumper Boyz about 20 years ago but what I did was sprayed clear on the back side before I installed them that seems to keep them from starting to rust again and the chrome from flaking off I also but little pieces of inner tube between bumper and the brackets i don't know if thats it or not but if you do nothing to protect the back I think you will have problems after a while. I hope this helps answer your question.

I've been really pleased with mine also. I'd heard some folks say that the re-pops were junk but I think they're pretty decent. I also put a re=pop on my '79 'Lil Red Express and it was really obvious on it that it weighed much less. - I'd guess only half as much. I never did do a weight comparison on the Barracuda bumpers though.

-
Back