-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmopardave

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Nice condion , no inserts 400.00 . will try to post pics later or pm me Thanks Dave
DSCN1319.jpg
DSCN1328.jpg
DSCN1329.jpg
DSCN1328.jpg

Show us the other side. Please.

With the holes in the hood for the dodge emblem where they are @ this hood would be correct for a 69 swinger. 68 and 69 had 2 other styles of holes located in the center of the hood for GTS emblems. FYI for those who dont want to weld and then try to drill the holes in the rite place for your emblems. 67s never came w bulge hoods although they fit and dress them up quite nicely.

I have a 69 swinger w a GTS hood on it now. Wish you were a little closer to maine. I would buy your hood.

The hood looks nice and is a great deal for someone out there. A few years back I sold two bulge hoods in the same condition, just had the inserts. One went for $1200 and the other for $1600...this is a steal at this price... just my $0.02

With the holes in the hood for the dodge emblem where they are @ this hood would be correct for a 69 swinger. 68 and 69 had 2 other styles of holes located in the center of the hood for GTS emblems. FYI for those who dont want to weld and then try to drill the holes in the rite place for your emblems. 67s never came w bulge hoods although they fit and dress them up quite nicely.

Not entirely true. I agree that this hood if for a '69 Swinger, but '67 GTS cars did indeed come with the bulge style hood (although they had the GTS letters similar to the '68). FYI

Sorry to bust your bubble, but the 1967 Dodge Dart GTS did NOT come with a power bulge hood. 67 GTS had a flat hood. 67 Dart GTS was a 383 big block option and had "G""T""S" fender emblems and 383 four barrel emblems underneath on the front fenders. The hood for sale in this ad is a 69 Dart Swinger hood. You can tell by the location of the emblem holes. 68 Dart GTS power bulge hoods had no engine displacement callouts in the power bulges. Only 69 Dart GTS and 69 340 Swingers had the engine displacement callouts in the hood inserts.

The AMD new ones are killing all the guys that hoarded the old ones for the big money back when...so why would anyone pay $600 or $800 , then pay to get it blasted and prepped for paint...or buy one brand new for $600. If youre cloning already...who cares...I know which way I'm going.

because some guys woulds still rather have an original.

Welcome to fabo, please read the classified sections rules.

because some guys woulds still rather have an original.

Welcome to fabo, please read the classified sections rules.

Do I have to be a "Gold" member before I can point out something like this?

The Amd hoods are aftermarket and are not going to fit as well as the made in usa dodge sheet metal.

If i was looking for sheet metal and could find nice original equipment for less money than a off shore re-pop .... well ... a no brainer for me :colors:

Any good used part will be better than even the best aftermarket turd.

One thing you can count on with a good used part……….. It fit on a car correctly once before and probably will again.

I will never buy aftermarket body parts unless I an totally out of other options.

I wont stake my life on it , but im pretty sure AMD is packaged and shipped from the USA , but the actual sheet metal is stamped out over seas

Got a Goodmark fender to check it out. Grabbed a factory marker lens and it did not fit in the hole. I have found things like that to be typical across the board, you are going to have 15 - 20 hours of massaging to make it look decent.

And Dave, your handle should be Keith Stone. :thumrigh:

The Amd hoods are aftermarket and are not going to fit as well as the made in usa dodge sheet metal.

i don't know about that. i have heard very good things about the AMD stuff. i have read that guys with one NOS quarter and one amd quarter had to do less work with the amd one to get it to fit properly then it took to get the NOS one to fit properly. weather it factory original, NOS or AMD it will need work to fit the correct way. just the way it is.

but back to the hood ad here. looks to be a decent hood. a and a good price depending whats under those primer spots..

If hood hasnt sold be Mopars at Strip in Las Vegas april 8-11th , i will be hauling it down there ( could save u guys shipping cost )8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back