Not open for further replies.

68original

Got bourbon?
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Contact seller
I am in need of good condition, original style defrost vent tubes for my 68 Barracuda. I understand that 67-72 A-body, non A/C cars are a match for the style I need. Thanks to member SSBA, attached is a picture of the defrost tubes I am looking for. One is larger diameter than the other as the heater core outlets are two different sizes.

Please PM me if you have some available.
Thanks!

Attachments

• defrosttubes.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 197
I have the right side purchased, which is the shorter and smaller diameter of the two vent tubes.
Still need the left side vent tube to complete the set.

photostream
If you are still looking, I have what I believe is an original drivers side hose from a non a/c '68 Barracuda; don't know if it's the same as yours. The end with the clamp is 2-1/4" dia, the other end is 2-1/2"dia. Nominal length is about 13", but it will stretch to about 16 1/2 " and compress to about 9". Its still very flexible. The material is a leathery fabric of some sort covering a steel spring, not plastic. There is one worn area with a 1/4" perforation at each of 3 spring loops, easily sealed with silicone or such. The fabric is just barely worn thru right at each spring loop. I can send a more detailed shot if you need.[/IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3906/15217297492_f9d43e3269_m.jpg

Berwaldg - thanks for the offer, but your piece is about half the length required. The vent tube I need is approximately 25 inches long.

Bigus1949 - I contacted Peter, no luck. He has the plastic dash inserts but no tubes.
Thanks for the tip though, gotta look everywhere for the hard to find detail items.

Still in need of the left defrost vent tube. PM me if you have anything available!

Thanks Tony. I have checked them out before, but they have the same plastic tubing that others have. I want original looking, with the wire exposed as shown in the pic. I got lucky and found the passenger side tube so looking to match up with a correct driver side tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back