67 a body seat tracks

-

bigjohnson3

Reaction score
Hi I have a 67 barracuda and have the original bucket seat tracks, does anyone know if they will work on 73 to 76 a body bucket seats? thanks!!
steve.

with a bit of modification ....mid 70 and up had four bolts from the bottom to attach the track to the frame. but early 70 and back had two bolts from the bottom and two studs on the tracks that had a nut from the topside of the track in the frame lip.

So either knock the upwards facing stud out the track and use a bolt from the bottom OR knock the welded in nut out of the frame and allow the stud to go through and use the nut from the top.

One problem you'll run into. The 2 pieces of channel that create a track were a little more narrow. This meant their hardware had to be special. A standard 5/16 diameter thread is made on 1/2 hex stock. A socket wont fit in there with that hex.
Their special was 5/16 dia. made on 7/16 hex stock.
I haven't used different tracks between different seats and floors so I don't know more about the height and angle differences of the tracks. The above is what I do know about those earlier tracks. Good luck

-
Back