'67 Barracuda Bolt Pattern

-

tdub2112

Future '67 Cuda Owner
Reaction score
So, I know it's been a while since i've been on the forum. And by a while i mean like months. And this is probably one of the most frequently asked question you get, but it's stumpin' us. What's the bolt pattern for the 67 Cuda? I've looked on about a dozen other sites and i have no definite answers. Some are saying 4, others (like my dad) say 4.25 and others 4.5! So, I'm going to the experts. What is it?

By the way. I'd go measure it. But the Cuda is 6 feet under right now.... IN A POTATO CELLAR! HAHAHA!!! Sorry... Idahoan humor. (but i'm actually being serious. it is in a cellar. we're getting it out sometime this month to get back working on it after our little (big) spurt of no free time.

Anyway, now i'm rambling and should be looking for other parts.
Any and all answers are welcome!

Thanks,
tdub

5 lugs on a 4 inch bolt circle. I will see if I have a pic for ya.

Hey Keith, what does 5 on 4 mean?? Also got any pics of the 68 Barracuda Mule car??

I am not Keith but it means that there is 5 lugs and they are 4 inches accross when skipping 1 lug. You get this by measuring from the outside edge of the first stud to nthe center of the third stud.

Crap. Sounds like we're going to have fun looking for wheels.

Anyone find some good aftermarket stuff for their cars thats a 5x4?

Newstalgia wheels has a few to choose from. Cragers and the like. I got a set from A FABO member in December. Old school!

John D. Beckerley
Austin,Texas

Here is What Cragers look lik on my 67' Tires are 225 60R 14, Rims are 14x6 front and 14x7 rear.
Wanda

Those are some sweet wheels man, how much did those run ya if ya don't mind me askin'?

Could you call a manufacturer and have a set specially made in that bolt pattern? We're thinking that would be the easiest route to go.

Actually all /6 cars, except those with disk brakes after 1972 used the 5 lug on a 4" bolt circle. The disk brake cars from 73 on used the larger bolt pattern. I don't know if 73 + cars with V-8s got BBP wheels with drums.

Wheel Vintiques sells the 70 & later Rallye wheel with the SBP. Sadly, they do not sell the 72 and later center cap for it. Every now and then a set of Ansen Sprint slot style cast wheels will show up on eBay.

Its no wonder people have trouble with this. Even the pros cant get it straight. Look on page 20 of the april Mopar Muscle. They show measuring from center of the first hole to the center of the third hole (which will be about a 1/4 inch off). I just picked it up last night and seen this ...had to put it down and walk away. Its a TECH article where they were working on a 67 valiant .

Hey TDUB2112, I paid 150.00 for all four. A SWEET DEAL! Though not perfect a little rust blemish but they cleaned up great! No curb rash either. I See no reason to put brand new wheels on an old car. I think they fit with the old school look just fine. Maybe after I get her painted (way off in the future) she might get new. For now though I really lucked out on these!

Is 2112 any reference to RUSH?

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

sawdoff, I saw the article, but the Cuda's in winter storage right now, so it's kinda hard to measure the bolt pattern. I was gettin' a head of the game and asked you guys.

Fishthatkills, that's a sweet deal! And yes, 2112 is a reference to Rush.

Has anyone gone with the adapters? My dad said that a guy he used to live by had some on his Valiant and they were loose? Did the guy just not torque 'em down enough or would this even be a problem? I don't want the wheels poppin' off at 75 down the interstate if we go this route? What all ya'lls opinion?

I am going with a disc brake upgrade from SSBC on the front of my 67 cuda which has both the 5x4 and 5x4.5 pattern on the rotors . I am going to install centerline 17's on the car and going with the 5x4.5 pattern. For the back I am having a set of adapters made to convert it to 5x4.5 as well . Wheel adapters seem to be fine as long as you get the thick billet ones made and not the cheap china stuff

Has anyone gone with the adapters? My dad said that a guy he used to live by had some on his Valiant and they were loose? Did the guy just not torque 'em down enough or would this even be a problem? I don't want the wheels poppin' off at 75 down the interstate if we go this route? What all ya'lls opinion?

If you're wanting to go to BBP wheels for the wider widths, adapters tend to defeat the purpose. They take up space and move the wheel closer to the outer edge of the fender.

This in turn can be handled with increased backspacing. Finding a wheel will be more difficult. And, if you decide to sell the wheels, the buyer will also need to be using adapters.

I have 15x7 BBP cop car wheels with stock offset & 235/60-15 tires all-around on the Demon. The front end has disk brakes. With this setup, the front wheels barely clear the outer edge front fenders with the steering a full lock and the suspension at full compression. The rears, on the other hand barely clear the leaf springs on the 7¼ BBP rear axle.

I was running a Watt's link on the rear, in part, to keep the springs from flopping over and chewing up the inside of the tire. (Had it happen once back in the day.) I'm chaning over to a 8.75 rear and will have to re-engineer the axle mount of the Watts link if I feel like I still need to use it.

Here's what aluminum 5 slots look like, you can find them from time to time either local or on ebay.... nice thing about aluminum, you can always buff them out and polish them up again....

69 Barracuda (1).jpg

69 Barracuda (2).JPG

I am annoyed by 5 on 4 pattern, so I am putting new axles into my car with the 5 on 4.5. It's almost easier that finding wheels. Now i can put on my black powdercoated 15x7 steelies. Out with the 14s!!!

There is some nice alluminum slots on ebay for the 4inch pattern here is the item number for ebay motors 220515554236 not too bad of a price.

-
Back