'67 Barracuda bucket seat mounting

-

jcwren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My '67 Barracuda has bucket seats, and I'd like to find some replacement hardware for them. Both seats are missing a stud on each. One thing I'm not clear on is if the seat tracks are supposed to bolt directly to the floor or if there's a spacer that goes in there. I've seen replacement bolt sets that have them and some that don't.

Prices are also all over the map for hardware. Any recommendations for a vendor with reasonable costs? Year One has the spacers and nuts (but not studs) for $24 for a single seat, and then I'm looking at another $15 per seat for studs via eBay. This isn't a concours restoration, so I'm not above using carriage bolts, washers, and nylocks to be cheap.

Seat_Bolt.png

Ace hardware should have the bolts.

I needed to take my son's tracks apart to blast, clean, and paint. That required removing one stud per track. I cut the swage. When I put them back together I just welded the stud back. I do have one broken on one of the GTS buckets. I will probably replace them, but still tack them in.

I would say use spacers if you need them to get seat height where you want it, don't if you don't.

I have spacers under my 67 Charger seats, but I can't remember if they were already there or I added them.

One thing about the 64-5 buckets seats is that the seat bracket itself is height adjustable, so you don't need spacers to raise or lower the seats. My (sometimes faulty) memory is that 67 bucket seats don't have height adjustable brackets.

-
Back