67 BARRACUDA CARGO CARPET

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Finally got my carpet installed in the cargo area in my 67 barracuda.

CARGO AREA OF CUDA 001.JPG

CARGO AREA OF CUDA 002.JPG

CARGO AREA OF CUDA 004.JPG

CARGO AREA OF CUDA 005.JPG

CARGO AREA OF CUDA 006.JPG

Did your car have carpet on the sides from the factory? Mine didn't, and it looked like it would be difficult to install, so I gave that carpet away.

Did your car have carpet on the sides from the factory? Mine didn't, and it looked like it would be difficult to install, so I gave that carpet away.

The factory had painted metal panels...

But nothing wrong with carpeting them.... Looks good...

no it didnt i think it was an option i know my uncles 69 had the standard interior & his didnt have the carpet now the 69 my dad had in 69 had the deluxe interior & his had it its not that hard to install i like the carpet look

no it didnt i think it was an option i know my uncles 69 had the standard interior & his didnt have the carpet now the 69 my dad had in 69 had the deluxe interior & his had it its not that hard to install i like the carpet look
My 68 Barracuda fastback has the optional deluxe interior and has carpet over the rear wheel wells.

Yes, I know some cars had it. Just wondering if yours did. I was surprised the carpet kit included the side panels, since probably most cars (standard interior) didn't have it. I would just as soon have not paid for it.

This is why some 69 Barracudas don't have carpet in the rear. The A86 option code explains that it's not available on 'cuda models for whatever reason even though it may have the deluxe interior like mine.

69_Barracuda0002.jpg

This is why some 69 Barracudas don't have carpet in the rear. The A86 option code explains that it's not available on 'cuda models for whatever reason even though it may have the deluxe interior like mine.

View attachment 1716023228

In 1969, you can get a barracuda fastback without fold down rear seat.

Where all ‘Cuda fastback models no fold down rear seat? They were supposed to be cool looking vehicle, but cheaper than a Formula S.

Sort of like what a 69 340 Swinger is to a 69 GTS.

In 1969, you can get a barracuda fastback without fold down rear seat.

Where all ‘Cuda fastback models no fold down rear seat? They were supposed to be cool looking vehicle, but cheaper than a Formula S.

Sort of like what a 69 340 Swinger is to a 69 GTS.
My first new A56 cuda 340with front bench seat, 4 speed and non deluxe interior did not have fold down rear seat but it did have the rear defroster. The A56 cuda that I have now has a fold down rear seat, but it also has the deluxe interior 4 speed bucket seats and no defroster. Go figure.

My first new A56 cuda 340with front bench seat, 4 speed and non deluxe interior did not have fold down rear seat but it did have the rear defroster. The A56 cuda that I have now has a fold down rear seat, but it also has the deluxe interior 4 speed bucket seats and no defroster. Go figure.

I wonder if no fold down rear seat was standard to keep the advertised base price of the 'Cuda model low.

Also, were bucket seats standard on a 69 Formula S fastback? I thought there were some unique standard interior items to the 69 'Cuda model?

Just like in 1970, they made the standard transmission in a 340 Swinger a 3-speed. Keeps the advertised base price down.

I wonder if no fold down rear seat was standard to keep the advertised base price of the 'Cuda model low.

Also, were bucket seats standard on a 69 Formula S fastback? I thought there were some unique standard interior items to the 69 'Cuda model?

Just like in 1970, they made the standard transmission in a 340 Swinger a 3-speed. Keeps the advertised base price down.
Nothing unique about interiors in any cuda models A56 A57 or A13. The A13 or M codes all had buckets with console automatic obviously. I know of at least one 69 Formula S that had bench seat column automatic.

There was a definite trend towards "de-contenting" the 69s for price competitiveness, especially considering they hadn't hit their sales targets either of the previous 2 years. I don't think bucket seats were ever "standard" except in convertibles. Seats were never a part of the Formula S package AFAIK.

The factory had painted metal panels...

But nothing wrong with carpeting them.... Looks good...

I'll have to check again but I could have sword that my panels had a thin layer of vinyl on them even though they just looked like they were painted.

My dad, uncle Andy and one of there friends all ordered new 69 barracudas. All were 4spd. My dads was a 340 with saddle tan deluxe interior. My uncles was a 383 with standard green interior and there friends barracuda was a 383 with black deluxe interior. All 3 were formula s. My cousin has my uncles barracuda. My dads had the carpet in the back with the fold down rear seat. My uncles did not. All had consoles. I cant find my dads but i think i found there friends car on marketplace. His was that copper color with black interior. I did the body and paint on my uncles barracuda.

139.JPG

138.JPG

It would make more sense to load the cars up rather than skimp since '69 was the last A body Barracuda and they knew that since '67.

In 1969 the fold-down seat was optional for the first time. It was standard in 67 and 68. You could also order a 340 without the formula S pkg.

Many years ago I parted out a loaded A56 with deluxe interior and it had a fold-down seat with carpeted side panels. The 'cuda was supposed to be a stripped down performance model (like a Road Runner) but this one was different. 4 spd with console, manual brakes and steering.

My A56 is a standard interior bench seat with fold down front armrest. It has folding rear seat. Factory 340 4 spd, 3.91, 16:1 manual with standard manual 10" drums, Rallye "wood" dash and steering wheel with a clock.

I've owned (5) 67-69s and all were FB with folding rear seat. 67s have the nicest interiors in my opinion. One would assume carpeted side panels may reduce noise.

-
Back