'67 barracuda convertible trunk tension rods...HELP

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
I have no idea what I'm missing here or how they're supposed to fit. I think I'm missing nylon sliders? can anyone send me a quick pic of theirs?

20170223_075004.jpg

trunk bracket.jpg

trunk hinge.jpg

Your missing the nylon sliders,the S clip that holds the rods together and a 4" piece of rubber hose that acts as a silencer where they rub together,

Your missing the nylon sliders,the S clip that holds the rods together and a 4" piece of rubber hose that acts as a silencer where they rub together,
You wouldn't happen to have a pic of how they are installed would you? Searched Google but nothing. Even my buddies 68 fastback barracuda has a different setup.

It should be a push on nut that holds the hinges on. My car is a Valiant which has a different opening but assembly should be the same.

Picture 4516.jpg

I have no idea what I'm missing here or how they're supposed to fit. I think I'm missing nylon sliders? can anyone send me a quick pic of theirs?
Sorry..couldn't get the pictures to load. Will try again tonight. Larry

AFAIK there were no nylon slider/adjuster blocks on any '67. Which is a bit of a bummer when the springs get fatiqued.

-
Back