67 barracuda dash light replacement

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I have a couple light bulbs out so I thought Ide replace with led How the hell do you get to them I got the one all the way to left drivers side but cant even feel the others am Imissing something or is it impossible to do?

Just reach around up behind the gauges to all possible places. They're there, but you have to be upside down on the floor reaching your arms into horrible tight spaces to get to them. Or you could pull your gauge cluster, but that's no fun.

I've never pulled the cluster a 67 barracuda, but on the 69 dart the easiest way is to drop the steering column so you can pull the entire cluster out just far enough to replace the bulbs...

I have a couple light bulbs out so I thought Ide replace with led How the hell do you get to them I got the one all the way to left drivers side but cant even feel the others am Imissing something or is it impossible to do?

There are 4 that illuminate the dash. The one you found, then there is 1 on each side of the small center gauge, clock, vacuum or whatever and then the last one is on the far right side. You will feel other bulb holders but they are not for dash illumination.

Tried to find a pic of the back of the dash but didn't have one. Maybe someone can post up a pic of the back side.

Found a pic from damraider's post

Number 3 and 4 would plug into the circuit board for that side. It is missing in this pic.

Hope this helps

oops...I think no. 1 may be down toward the middle...on the same line as the other 3.

Attachments

• dashback01 (Medium).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 184
Yea that helps alot If there was a easy way to get my hand in there without pulling cluster ide be fixed.

Pull your seat out....4 bolts and you can lay down and look up and under the dash to see your route.

Takes about 5 minutes longer but its well worth it.

Mop

Well I got them changed the first 2 were tuff the second 2 were down right miserable but you can do it without pulling the dash if you have med sized hands and patience.

well i got them changed the first 2 were tuff the second 2 were down right miserable but you can do it without pulling the dash if you have med sized hands and patience.
thanks everyone.

-
Back