-
Status
Not open for further replies.

glpipal

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 67 Barracuda that I'm retrofitting a big block 383 into from a slant 6. I'm in need of a drivers side motor mount bracket. I can't think that it's that elaborate and could probably fabricate one if I knew what it looked like but if anyone has one I can be reached at [Email address removed by STAFF]

Last edited by a moderator:
The factory 383 cars used a special K frame (http://engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/K-Frames.html)and a unique left side mount
(Mopar A-body big block motor mount bracket 1968-69 Dart GTS Barracuda Formula S)
which would only bolt to certain blocks with bosses tapped into the front of the engine. I could write a book on the eccentricities of that swap but I assume that you would rather not change the K frame.

There are conversion mounts now that solve the problem well most notably by Schumacher Creative (engine-swaps.com) They have pics and tech info if you wanted to just make your own version of their mount.

This may help also: 1967 Barracuda Go Big Swap Big Block - Tech - Mopar Muscle Magazine

The factory 383 cars used a special K frame (http://engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/K-Frames.html)and a unique left side mount
(Mopar A-body big block motor mount bracket 1968-69 Dart GTS Barracuda Formula S)
which would only bolt to certain blocks with bosses tapped into the front of the engine. I could write a book on the eccentricities of that swap but I assume that you would rather not change the K frame.

There are conversion mounts now that solve the problem well most notably by Schumacher Creative (engine-swaps.com) They have pics and tech info if you wanted to just make your own version of their mount.

This may help also: 1967 Barracuda Go Big Swap Big Block - Tech - Mopar Muscle Magazine

I have a big block K frame. The information you've provided have information on retrofitting a big block into a slant 6 K frame.

I have a big block K frame. The information you've provided have information on retrofitting a big block into a slant 6 K frame.

I had seen the solid mount on ebay. I'm trying to go back as original as possible. I could probably make it work by taking off the box tubing and putting in the original poly mount

Schumacher used to have a reproduction of that mount. I'm not certain if they still do. Ironically when you do hae it they are hard to sell. I let several go a while back for $30=40 each. That mount was also used on some 63-65 C bodies as well.

Are you Looking for the Bracket that mounts to the block or the biscuit?

383 Mount.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back