67 barracuda fastback project

-

74scampga

Reaction score
After months of looking for a notchback and finding quite i couple of good deals that i was a little to late for, i ran across what i think is a decent fastback that i just purchased that comes with a parts car as well. Seeing how this is my first restoration project I wanted to get some feedback from you guys and hopefully get some question answered as well. The parts car is a 68 fastback and the one im restoring is a 67. What all of the body parts swap over? id really like to get the doors off of the parts car seeing how mine has quite a bit of bondo on one side and some of the interior pieces like door panels and such. Also, does anyone have any idea on body work prices? like replacing rear quarter panels, and best places to buy replacement panels. Any feedback on my questions or just anything youve learned in your builds would b greatly appreciated. Ill try to get some pics up! thanks alot, nick

front shot.jpg

side shot.jpg

rear.jpg

passenger rear quarter.jpg

As you probably noticed many parts are interchangable. The doors, hood (inserts different), Fenders(trim different), Trunk lid. Most parts will go but there may be differences in the trim. The interior the dash looks the same but the radio is different. Door panels and seats I thinh are the same.

Agreed to what has already been mentioned.

On the 67s they came with plastic trim around the windshield and back glass... now hopefully the 68 has all the trim you need to put on the 67. When I bought my 67 it had only little cuts of vinyl stuck around the glass just to keep it tight I guess. But I searched and found the windshield and rear glass stainless steel trim in which one day I will have it installed on the car. It requires different gaskets and also clips. Looking at you picture there is no trim basically like mine. My friend gave me a roll of vinyl push in trim that I have fabed around the glass.

You can also get new repro deck lid trim pieces for the 67.

My 67 was rusted in the exact same area both sides, I had to fab my own patch panels because everyone wanted to sell me full qtr,s at $289.oo a pop
this was about year and half ago someone hopefully got smart and started making

The closer you look the more differences you'll see. The 67 door shows a chromed phillips screw head in the upper painted section where the 68 has a color matched plastic plug in that hole. The vent window hardware is the difference there.
Now look and see if the rear window winders are in the same location on both cars. Have fun.

Preciate the replies, all of the trim is there on the parts car for the front and rear windows. I really dont have anywhere to do extensive body work on a car and they wont let me bring it in the shop for something like that at work so.....If anybody knows a good shop located around atlanta ga lemme know.

So your going to settle for a fast back instead of a notcho?:angry7:
I will now go hide behind my shop while the chit starts to fly.

By the way nice car your are going to enjoy it!

What a shame he had to settle on the one with the 12' flat do anything space one. LOL

Interior door lock location is unique on the 67...at the rear of the door. The others are closer to the middle of the door.

Dave

-
Back