67 barracuda fb redo

-

dragdak

Reaction score
Well I had to go and get another project going to pay tribute to a close relative who passed. Its a 1967 barracuda fastback. Came from the factory white with red and white interior, 273 2 barrel, 904 automatic, bench seat, column shift, non air, and 7 1/4 rearend. It was someones parts car so it will be alot of hunting and gathering to find parts. I will post pics of it as I bought it in the next posting. I will be restoring it pretty much but Im going to be installing a 383 and 727 and as far as the rear end goes I have a pro street set up or a 1966 b body 8 3/4 set up for it. On a tight budget but need to finish it by Mid summer to at least driveable state. Enjoy the ride!

These are some pics I found on the web that are like mine.

Attachments

• 67bcudabyfroman_1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 760
  • 67bcudabyfroman_2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 695
  • 67bcudabyfroman_3.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 707
  • 67bcudabyfroman_up2_2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 715
Thanks! Back in 1983 I bought a 1969 Barracuda. Formula S, 383, 727 and 3:91 gears. It was dark green with the black stripe with 383 on the fenders. And tan interior. Miss that car. Was my first one. Cant wait to see your thread too gdrill.

I'll be watching
I'm getting close to seeing the light at the end of my 67 FB resto myself.
:happy1::happy1::happy1:

Well here are the pics as promised but a bit late. Car looks really rough in the pics but underside and structure is really nice and solid. Needs a good cleaning to start with.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 669
  • Picture 010.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 679
  • Picture 008.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 670
  • Picture 007.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 671
  • Picture 006.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 675
  • Picture 005.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 679
  • Picture 004.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 678
  • Picture 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 678
  • Picture 002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 668
  • Picture 001.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 692
And a few more.

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 662
  • Picture 018.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 658
  • Picture 017.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 657
  • Picture 016.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 685
  • Picture 015.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 667
  • Picture 014.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 665
  • Picture 013.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 666
  • Picture 012.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 666
I also picked up a big bolt pattern disc brake set up, front headers panel, and lower valance used. Grilles were painted black and need to be stiped and cleaned. Those pics soon.

Oh ya! I also ordered my quarter skins and rear lower valance today.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!m!E6J1elJM4BOvW9-Bo!!~~60_57.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 656
  • $(KGrHqN,!rME+oMvE2!nBP7gG,B-Qg~~60_1.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 652
Wow that thing is rough! I feel better about mine now. I would advise you to look for a better car to start with. You might have been better off to order full quarter panels rather then skins. I will watch with interest as you build your FB. I am building one also with rust and accident damage. Mine doesn't look quite as rough as the one you have but still a lot of work. There is a few guys here that are doing their FB that are amazing. There are some very talented people here that got a fire under my *** to work on mine. I will be watching yours as well. Good luck with the build!

Been reading your thread. AWESOME JOB! Wish I was that far.

I'm here to help any way I can. If I have parts you may need I'll let you have any for a song
and a dance. A fellow FABO member here helped me out and I intend to pass along his kindness whenever I can. Good luck too you!

Nice, looks like you got your work cut out for ya, but Ive seen a helluva lot worse brought back to life.

I'm here to help any way I can. If I have parts you may need I'll let you have any for a song
and a dance. A fellow FABO member here helped me out and I intend to pass along his kindness whenever I can. Good luck too you!

Thanks man! The members on here are the best in the world I would agree. I would take a couple of front fenders please. LOL!:thumblef:

Nice, looks like you got your work cut out for ya, but Ive seen a helluva lot worse brought back to life.

I wish I would have taken pics of all the cars I have rescued from the crusher and put back on the road. Trust me I have seen worse here and on my own thru the shop.

Thanks man! The members on here are the best in the world I would agree. I would take a couple of front fenders please. LOL!:thumblef:

LOL, that's taking him up on the offer! But yes the members here are great. I agree the car is rough but definitely not the furthest I've seen them recovered from! Some of the projects here are truly amazing. This will be another one of those inspiring threads. Good luck, we're watching! :coffee2:

I heard those 67 Bench seats are pretty rare.... Lots of work but good to see one saved :glasses7:

I spotted a 68 fastback yesterday in Clearwater MN, there is a place near the interstate that sells cars, some are old and guy has some Mopars, looked barn fresh and pretty solid and complete, right down to the wheel covers and whitewalls.

I wished I had some for you. I barely was able to save mine.
I had a lead on two 67 Barracudas in my neck of the woods and made the guy an offer on them, then he had them crushed!!!!!
I cried and then had thoughts of making him disapear.
I do have a front bench seat, Old heater box that needs rebuilt and a few other odds and ends.

I hope you get your parts from Tamraz! They are hit or miss these days.

Already had a run in with them the first day. On there ebay store they had a 5% off offer but when I clicked the buy it now it was gone. Then the free shipping was to a terminal not residential. Couldnt find that info but they said it was in the posting. But they did make it right and gave me the free residential shipping on all three items. Still no tracking number but I dont know if I will get one.

I have seen a ton of these cars crushed lately. Too sad! Even French Lake isnt saving much of these cars anymore. Im going to clearwater soon I will have to check that car out too.

I cant even find any dented or rusty fenfders to repair around here. If anyone has something laying around that they wont be fixing let me see them.

I wished I had some for you. I barely was able to save mine.
I had a lead on two 67 Barracudas in my neck of the woods and made the guy an offer on them, then he had them crushed!!!!!
I cried and then had thoughts of making him disapear.
I do have a front bench seat, Old heater box that needs rebuilt and a few other odds and ends.

Send that guy to minnesota. We farm boys know how to deal with his kind. LOL!:violent1:

You should get the tracking # when they ship. I use to order a lot of stuff with tamraz. But now I stay away.The last order I did with them I had to dispute and cancel.I am not telling you this to scare you or be a jerk I just don't want to see another guy waiting for parts and getting taken advantage of. Also You can buy the quarter skins from rockauto.com for about $375.00 shipped.That is where I ordered mine. had them in three days. the rear lower valance is an eBay Item. I ordered mine last week and already have it.I use ADEELS on eBay its a little more but you will get your parts.Only trying to help.Thanks,Joe

Thanks for the info! I should have looked into it more. Big block auto.

-
Back