67 barracuda heater box.

-

Buford19

Reaction score
Are all A body heater box the same. Need a heater box for my 67 barracuda. What are my options?

Not sure, obviously the ac/heat are not the same. I used a 68 heat box unit in my 69 and no issues. I had tossed my original sometime in the 80’s in the trash for weight savings!

Not sure, obviously the ac/heat are not the same. I used a 68 heat box unit in my 69 and no issues. I had tossed my original sometime in the 80’s in the trash for weight savings!
Was wondering if other mopar beside the barracuda will fit. Like darts and dusters.

To be safe any 67 A body box should work for you. The blower motor design would be my concern, but like said, not really sure.

67’s were in many ways were one off!

Maybe not, I am the only one thus far to reply!

I have a 67 and a 69. Both heater boxes are the same. I'd venture to say through 72 they are all the same for NON A/C

I have a 67 and a 69. Both heater boxes are the same. I'd venture to say through 72 they are all the same for NON A/C

Seems like the blower was fed from the engine side in 67 based on the crappy diagrams issued for 67.

68/69 was not that way. Just a thought.

My 67 is original. Only thing sticking out in the engine compartment is the end of the blower motor. All the blower motor wiring is inside the car.

As far as i know... The only difference in a 67 heat only case is routing of one control cable. The controller changed in 68 through 72 models. It's levers dont travel quite as far so one cable attach at case had to be changed a little. Most would never notice the 1/4 inch difference in the slot of dash bezels. Anyway... The 67 controller will attach and work with 68 up heater case.
Good thing too since the controllers are not interchangeable.

-
Back