Status
Not open for further replies.

momoparman

MOISMYHOME
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Contact seller
These are reconditioned hood inserts for a 67 or could be used on 68 if you wanted to.

They were plated and professionally detailed in Kalifornia by the king of trim.

Sadly the prince of staying out all night an partying was in charge of buffing.

They have a slight warp and the fins are a bit wavy from using to much/inconsistent pressure during the buff They are flexible so when you bolt them on they should pull right down. Each insert is missing one stud but that wont matter. Also, Detroit Muscle sells new insert gaskets for $15.00

The good news is that they are clean. No pits. Painted and ready to bolt on and will look sweet from 3 feet.

I spent over $500.00+ to have all the work done....my loss is your gain.

$250.00 plus shipping from 64068.

P.S. I am very picky so these may be even nicer than described.

Attachments

• 100_4065.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 100_4066.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 100_4067.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_4069.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_4070.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_4071.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 322
OK.

No offers I understand....time to drop the price.

$220.00 plus shipping from 64068.

These are very nice...the chrome is beautiful and like I said you may not care or really notice the waves on the fins.

No one....wants to take a shot at these?

Confusedcuda you may get them for a song...

Make an offer...

thanks.

Mop

Pm Sent. Are you not using these because of the poor quality? Did you bolt them to a hood and did they flatten out with missing stud's? Thanks. Greg

I am very picky....when I built the fat blue fish....everything I did was as close to perfect as possible. I just couldn't out these on because of that.

These are nice....and they have new chrome and paint on them.

Mop

Those look really nice, I'm surprised at the lack of interest yet. Maybe no one is awake yet. I have a set of 67 and 68's but no where near as nice as yours. I'd buy yours if my car wasn't getting a modified hood. Someone should 'scoop' them up and enjoy.

YEa my budd:color:y confusedcuda was here last night and eyeballed em on the floor....he really wants them but he's stalling. I keep telling him to take em home and bolt em on...see how you like em.

Last night he almost grabbed em. Then I told him they were for sale on FABO.

He looked real panicky on his way out the door...:color:

Someone will like these and get a great deal.

Is the "wavy" in height or left and right or both.
I've held a few of these and never considered them flexible.
I suppose the studs would pull them down to the hood rather than pull the hood up to them.
I'm interested but I need to know the wife will be happy with them when they arrive before I ask her about buying.

They are flexible enough....I can bend them slightly with not a lot of pressure. Waves are along the ridges of each spear....some have none some have one some have a few....no rhyme or reason...

My other set pulled down and with the new gasket in between it fills the gaps nicely.

Mop

Can't give you anymore details other than what I have said....it's too bad that I can't get better pics.....don't have a super closeup lens.

Mop

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back