'67 Barracuda hood movement/adjustment

-

thsalmon

Reaction score
My 1967 Barracuda has significant side to side movement with the hood open. How much is too much, and is there a way to control it? The springs are strong on the hinges, so I don't think they are totally worn out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This is normal, they all do it, it's due to the way they are made. When the hood is closed, it settles in-between the side rubbers and locks in the front. When open it is "floating", no adjustments, it is "loose".

to adjust gap if the hood is hugging one side of fender or the other, anyone know if you can strongarm this a little bit with the hood open and get any improvement? just jumping in on this with a related issue if nobody minds. thanks. ('68 barracuda)

My 1967 Barracuda has significant side to side movement with the hood open. How much is too much, and is there a way to control it? The springs are strong on the hinges, so I don't think they are totally worn out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
to adjust gap if the hood is hugging one side of fender or the other, anyone know if you can strongarm this a little bit with the hood open and get any improvement? just jumping in on this with a related issue if nobody minds. thanks. ('68 barracuda)

Are the rubber spacers along the fender still intact and in good condition, they help center the hood when it is closed.

upload_2019-2-2_21-33-48.png

yea got new rubber spacers in place - trying to look close to see if mine are correct or maybe upside down, can't tell .

The rubber wedges look right. I don't know of a way to shift the hood left or right. You might move a fender. None of these older vehicles had perfect gaps all around.

yea I know. Not after perfection here - just concerned if gets any closer might chip paint. Everything else with hood is a nice fit so maybe leave well enough alone. I am real far from a purist anyway..

Last edited:
-
Back