67 Barracuda Manifold

-

cudajareav

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm have made the smartest move by putting my starter motor and power booster on the drivers side before putting my exhaust manifold in. we can't get it in.

Does anyone have a bipity bopity boop answer that will help me get it in without taking the starter motor out? or am i going to have to take things out to get it in again.

I think i do know the answer but someone might have a trick up their sleeve. :)

Emily

I don't have power brakes but I had to unbolt drivers side motor mount and lift the engine to clear the manifold with the starter installed. Hope this helps.

The 2 studs at end holes are handy for hanging the manifold but they can get in the way too.
I don't have power brakes installed either but those 2 studs were all I needed to remove.

You have to drain the coolant if you're removing the exhaust studs. But it's easier than lifting the engine.

Those studs rust in the heads and break off upon removal quite often. If you do take them out, clean and dry all the threads, then apply sealant.

The best way to remove the studs without damaging them is to use two nuts jammed together and then backing them out with the one in back.

Also try using heat to help loosen them. Like a propane or acetylene torch if you have one. Propane is cheaper and easier to find at any hardware/Lowes, do it yourself store.

-
Back