67 Barracuda Notchback Questions

-

68Darthawaii

Reaction score
Just picked up my new project a 67 Barracuda Notchback Slant 6, I have a few questions. Did they have a 3 speed auto center console shifter option available for slant 6 models???? I thought only the V8 models have this??? Reason I'm asking is that my car has this. Also what is a "performance indicator" gauge??? Thanks for your help!!!

Im pretty sure they had a auto console option for the /6. The performance indicator basically went from "economy" to " performance" I think. The concept was the needle showed how acceleration of the car. Economy was at idle and when you stand on it, the needle went over to "performance"

Auto console was optional on all.

Performance indicator gauge is nothing more than a factory installed vacuum gauge (also an option).

Never judge a 40 year old car by it's options (people can make many changes to a car over 40 years). Your vin will tell you what engine came in the car and the fender tag next to your battery can fill in a bunch of other info.

The performance indicator is nothing more than a vacumme gauge. My 67 cuda has one. The other option would be a factory tach or maybe a clock. Not sure on the clock.

look up Barracuda Owners Group on the web. It's for 1967 to 1969 Barracudas.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

-
Back