67 Barracuda - question re: carpet cost and considerations

-

chrysler2018retiree

Reaction score
I am considering to purchase a 67 Barracuda it is an automatic with floor console, I have not seen the vehicle yet but I know there is no carpet (seats and door trim are there). I don't have experience with this so I would appreciate any comments:

a) What is typical cost (range) for carpet that is average/vg? It doesn't have to be anything special, color would be black. Are there any recommended sources?
b) What are the other considerations for NVH/firewall/other? When I see the vehicle, are there any particular sections of interior sheet metal I should look at more closely?

67/69 CUDA FASTBACK AUTO LOOP CARPET KIT - MAROON | Legendary Auto Interiors

this is a guestamate how ever you want to make sure the metal pan is fixed right !st (it's an actual structural part) then what I DID was treat the rust(i was lucky and only had sur face rust ) and coated the floor with a truck bed liner (my car is a driver) and a sound barrier like dyno matt(did not use a jute carpet pad) not knowing if I had windshield/heater box leaks or not.... oh yeah dig out all of the old seam sealer and re do

take a look at the window frames and the lower trunk extensions(big money to fix/repair) uni body frame rails and torque boxes dont be afraid to walk away....

especially if you are farming the work out//you will have more in it than what's it worth //these are not chevys or fords you gotta LUV em..

Last edited:
I agree.
Notchback should be less than fastback.
I just painted the rust and bare metal and use factory type replacement carpet and backing.
Structurally, the rockers are important.
Overall fastbacks seem to be a little more rigid than notches, but that doesn't change the importance of the rockers and how they tie into the front and rear channels that create a frame structure. You'll see how the leafs are attached in the rear and the K frame and torsion bars in the front. The transmission cross body channel holds the torsion bar anchors. If those are rusted - that's a serious issue.

What else to know. More '67 were made than '68 or '69 Barracudas. They also have several one year only features: Lockstrip weatherstrip for front and rear winshields, idler arm is stud mounted are two to know about.

You can look at the dealer data books to see what was standard and optional
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1965 - 1969)

Most wear and tear parts are available. Some things you'ld think are common and cheap, like defroster duct hoses, are not.

-
Back