67 Barracuda Slow Going

-
Screenshot_20200706-105727_Gallery.jpg

ok from the photo above you all can see what the previous owner did to the dash to install a modern stereo.
My question is, should I try to repair it cosmetic wise and just install a hidden stereo somewhere?
Or should I just buy a classic looking modern stereo that fits the cut out?
Give me your ideas. Any photos of a Barracuda dash with modern classic style radio would be appreciated if any has one.

Get a repop gage bezel that's new and uncut. Your 67 one is a 1 year only bezel the 70-71 rallye bezels look similar but do not have a hazard switch spot in them.

Get a repop gage bezel that's new and uncut. Your 67 one is a 1 year only bezel the 70-71 rallye bezels look similar but do not have a hazard switch spot in them.
I probably will eventually, from what I've seen they run over $500 and up. plus I still need a stereo. I'm trying to go budget now because I spent too much on my engine swap Lol.

Got it back today! I've been super busy at work but today the shop installing my 360 from Tri Star Engines ,Alloy Motors in Oakland finished it up and I was able to pick it up and drive it straight to work.
I will post up pics and make a video of it running and post a link hopefully In the next 2 to 4 days when I'm off work. Geoff at Alloy Motors does superb work and I'm am pleased with the results. New Motor, transmission, power steering unit, Polygraphite torsion bars and brake booster as well as full exhaust and other small stuff. Man its a whole new car! Feels great!

Oh, I know alot of you might be thinking(though everyone's been nice not to say it) "shop" installing it.
Yes, I had a shop do the installation for these reason.
1= I live in an apartment and am not allowed to park any inoperable cars.
2= I live at work Lol, well it feels like it since I am ways working.
3= I don't plan to flip or resale this car so going alittle over budget to do things right is ok with me.
Anyways I Love driving it now and can't wait till I get it broken in so I can really get on the gas.

Oh, I know alot of you might be thinking(though everyone's been nice not to say it) "shop" installing it.
Yes, I had a shop do the installation for these reason.
1= I live in an apartment and am not allowed to park any inoperable cars.
2= I live at work Lol, well it feels like it since I am ways working.
3= I don't plan to flip or resale this car so going alittle over budget to do things right is ok with me.
Anyways I Love driving it now and can't wait till I get it broken in so I can really get on the gas.

actually, no, was thinking “where are the pictures and video?”

actually, no, was thinking “where are the pictures and video?”
On its way, going to film a short video tomorrow and show some before and after.
I Plan to post a link to it by the end of day tomorrow, darn work keeps me away from fun Lol.

Finally swapped out my plastic oil pressure line for a copper one. I left one coil near the fitting and one on each side of the firewall.

20200807_102648.jpg

Maybe its because I only use my phone and not a computer, I'll try it from a computer this week and then get back.
If you've already found out how to start a members restoration thread let me know id like to follow.
Sorry I haven't gotten back about starting a thread yet, I haven't been able to try from a computer like I said I would sorry. Have you been able to start a Members Restoration thread yet?

I added a chin spoiler from 1967 Camero today. I will be attempting to change out my speedo cable tomorrow.

IMG_20200810_131507_633.jpg

Ok I finally changed out the front bushings and the steering is tight now, I've been aligning it myself over the last few days and its been a real pia but I thinks its dialed in right now.

Here's a picture with the new BFGs and ride height set level all around for a low cruiser look. What do ya all think? Leave it alone?
lift the rear an inch?

20200912_092705.jpg

Tomorrow ill be repainting the wheels gloss black. I'll post up some before and after pics.

Finally finished painting the wheels today, 3 coats of VHT Gloss Black and 2 coats of clear. I cant wait to get them back on the car with the center caps.

20200914_093317.jpg

20200914_145152.jpg

Ok it's been. awhe since I've done anything to my Barracuda since I've been busy with the new house. Now that I have a garage and am not parking outside my apartment complex everyday I can start to get things done. So today I changed out the passenger side window. Both door window glass were badly scratched and polishing didn't get it good enough so I bought new glass. It too me about 2 hours to do one side but now I know what I'm doing it should ge easier on the drivers side I hope.
I plan to make a YT video and post link incase anyone else needs to do this. Also when I'm done I plan to offer up my old glass for free to anyone who needs it and is will to pick up or pay to ship it, even though it's scratched up it would be better than missing glass. Here a pic of the window assembly out of the door.
20210506_122658.jpg

Just an update, finally moving forward again on the Barracuda. Replaced both side windows. And spent 3 hours today removing the grill and bezels from the front to get ready for paint. I had to use a dremel to get the small bolts off (if they didn't just break like half of them did).
I'll start cleaning up and polishing the metal soon. I never ever want to remove the grill again as it's a real pita! Not sure how I'll reattach it when done but I've seen a thread about that on here so I'll do some searching today.
20211111_131342.jpg
20211111_101138.jpg
20211111_131350.jpg
20211111_131342.jpg

20211111_135515.jpg

20211111_131355.jpg

-
Back