67 barracuda vent wing?

-

tekslk

Reaction score
My passenger side vent doesnt stay tight is there a way to tighten it?

sure there should be a clamp inside the door at he bottom of the pivot rod for the vent window--- it has a screw that could be tightened up, Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 191
as said there is a clasp with a phillips (middle circle) maybe loose if not you can remove the clasp and and reduce it's arch a tiny bit to add pressure on the vent windows center pin.
It may require pulling the glass/vent assembly out as a unit to properly remove the screw if rusted or stuck. not that tough a job just have another to help so you do not scratch the paint etc.

if the vent frame is loose against the A-pillar the two outer circles are where additional adjustments can be found they normally have plastic body caps covering the bolt/ nut. Slight adjustments can be made there.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 178
The closing mechinism is whats loose cant it be tightened up looks like maybe a allen screw or something but mine may be missing, my byfogels arent working well. It will actually fall off if you hit the right bump.

the latch that pivots (mounted in the glass)

it has a roll pin that attaches it to a stud, i believe a spring type washer is what keeps tension on it-- might be able to get it at a hardware store, Lawrence

Looking at your picture with the circle in the middle is that screw and clip whats holding my vent bottom frame in, and how do you get to it?

When you remove the screw and clip can you just pull the window and frame out?

-
Back